#casa CEO Skidmore resigns from #aopa

Got a gripe, suggestion or praise about our regulator? Do it here. Who knows, you might make a difference...
up-into-the-air
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

#casa CEO Skidmore resigns from #aopa

Postby up-into-the-air » Tue Apr 5 2016, 02:01

The weekend saw mark Skidmore resign from #aopa, presumably just because #aopa is taking matters to the Minister. (c:_ol

http://vocasupport.com/battle-looms-with-casa-over-proper-reform-and-ozaviation-regulation/
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Re: #casa CEO Skidmore resigns from #aopa

Postby hand in pants » Tue Apr 5 2016, 19:29

No surprise there, no point being a member of an organisation representing General Aviation when you are involved in destroying it.

Just another public servant (read that as waste of space) with no idea about aviation.
Hand in Pants, I'm thinking, my god, that IS huge!!!!!!!!
County
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby County » Tue Apr 5 2016, 23:23

Very regretful, sums up our dilemma better than words.
Evil Twin
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Evil Twin » Wed Apr 6 2016, 08:01

Perhaps he resigned from the wrong agency by mistake.. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
vortexstate
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby vortexstate » Thu Apr 7 2016, 03:01

Mr Sidmore, CASA CEO, may have resigned out of necessity.
I am of the belief that CASA employees from the Director down are not allowed to be affiliated members of other aviation institutions including AOPA, Professional Pilots, Sports Aviation etc.
This is to stop favoritism within these organisations by the CASA employee.
Maybe someone out there with more information than myself can confirm this before he gets slapped around too much by Slappers.
I would not like to be in his shoes trying to sort out the mess after his predecessor took the pension and bolted, leaving our beloved industry in turmoil.
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby hand in pants » Fri Apr 8 2016, 00:41

VRS, what exactly has he done to sort out the mess that casa happily shoved onto us.
Lots of promises, meetings, plenty of amendments to the rubbish that is 48, 61, 141 and 142 (and they are still rubbish that is all but unworkable), all sorts of committees and we still have to put up with the mess.
If they want to change the rules, fair enough, BUT, make sure they are workable and we can understand them and that they don't have to keep changing them before they implement them. Any brain dead idiot would know that how they have been doing it is wrong on so many levels.
vortexstate
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby vortexstate » Sun Apr 10 2016, 22:15

H.I.P.,

I made comment on why I believe the CEO, Skidmore, resigned from AOPA, as the thread is headed so.....

I understand your frustrations within the industry and the lack of direction and change, as we are all facing the same problems, albeit in various depths depending on the position held within a company. Try regulating a company of pilots in this environment under the parts 61 and 141 systems. There have been a lot of senior pilots and companies trying to be proactive in the changes, but unfortunately the CASA system is hell bent on treating us like a continent of countries and not a friggin large island at the bottom of the world!

IMHO, This new system of change, as damaging as it is, is not going to stop and we can all thank the last federal Governments Transport Minister, Anthony Albanese.
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby hand in pants » Tue Apr 12 2016, 03:27

VRS, not having a shot at you, "Any brain dead idiot would know that how they have been doing it is wrong on so many levels." is aimed fairly and squarely at the brain deads that wrote 48, 61, 141, 142.
up-into-the-air
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby up-into-the-air » Tue Apr 12 2016, 11:15

Tamworth meeting seeking major changes to how #casa deals with aviation

Summary here of events leading up-to and there will be further reports as time goes on:

http://vocasupport.com/a-turning-po...day-mark-the-12th-april-2016-in-your-diaries/

Return to “CASA”