Anyone applied for an exemption to the 2 year CPL exam window

Got a gripe, suggestion or praise about our regulator? Do it here. Who knows, you might make a difference...
CyclicH145
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Anyone applied for an exemption to the 2 year CPL exam window

Postby CyclicH145 » Tue May 29 2018, 08:53

Hi all.

Some personal circumstances have resulted in my 2 year window fast approaching to complete my CPL-H exams. Have passed 3, need to resit 2 and undertake 2, all by latest end of Sep.

I have spoken to Gavin Secombe and advised I can apply for exemption to CASR PART 61.225 (2) and seek an extension of the 2 yr window.

According to my info, several have applied and been successful. I am hoping they're on the forum and reading this and able to provide some assistance.

CIVIL AVIATION SAFETY REGULATIONS 1998 - REG 11.165
Applications for exemptions
(1) A person may apply to CASA, in accordance with this regulation, for an exemption under this Division.

(2) The application must be in writing.

(3) The application must set out:

(a) the applicant's name and address; and

(b) details of any relevant authorisation; and

(c) references to the relevant provisions of these Regulations; and

(d) details of any aircraft or aeronautical product, or type of aircraft or aeronautical product, or material or kind of material, or service or kind of service, to be affected by the exemption; and

(e) if the exemption will affect a particular kind of operation, the kind of operation; and

(f) the reasons why the exemption is necessary; and

(g) details of how the applicant proposes to ensure that an acceptable level of safety will be provided when operating in accordance with the exemption; and

(h) the date on which the applicant requires the exemption to commence; and

(i) how long the applicant requires the exemption to remain in effect.

(4) Unless CASA agrees otherwise, the applicant must give the application to CASA at least 3 months before the day on which the applicant requires the exemption to commence.

Also happy to hear from anyone who has an idea what they're looking for when they indicate CASA will also need to establish if the reduced timeframe available will be adequate for proper assessment of the safety impact.
Fill-level
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Re: Anyone applied for an exemption to the 2 year CPL exam window

Postby Fill-level » Tue May 29 2018, 22:19

They are very strict in extensions , medical issues normally get it over the line .

Running out of time , due work, or money ,etc won't cut it
CyclicH145
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Re: Anyone applied for an exemption to the 2 year CPL exam window

Postby CyclicH145 » Tue May 29 2018, 22:53

Fill-level wrote:They are very strict in extensions , medical issues normally get it over the line .

Running out of time , due work, or money ,etc won't cut it

Thanx

Return to “CASA”