Redress of grievance against CASA?

Got a gripe, suggestion or praise about our regulator? Do it here. Who knows, you might make a difference...
lowlevelhell
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Redress of grievance against CASA?

Postby lowlevelhell » Tue Jul 24 2018, 05:31

Ok so here's my situation: I completed my SEHFR back in May, my CFI submitted BOTH forms 61-9FR and 61-9TX to CASA the same day. A month ago I called CASA to ask where my Part 61 license is as it's been a month since being submitted and no sign of it, I was told it should arrive in a week as there has been "a lot of applications at the moment" fast forward ANOTHER month (today) I called CASA again as still no sign of my Part 61 license. I checked my progress online on CASA's website under "My service requests" to find it saying "attach files" so I call to get clarification, I'm told it hasn't been processed because CASA is waiting on me to send additional documentation to process it, I told her ALL the docs were sent 2 months ago, she asks me to spell my name and my ARN number, which I did, she then tells me "ah yes, here it is, it's just waiting to be processed" I ask her why it's it's been sitting unprocessed for 2 entire months and her reply "there's lots of other applications and paperwork that need processing" I ask her how much longer will it take before being processed, she says the standard "it should be done in a week" then she hits me with the icing on the s#!t sandwich: "if you want it processed quicker, you have to send the additional "expedite it" form!" Seriously is there an ombudsmen or a legal course of action that can be taken against CASA's gross ineptitude, what processes are in place (if any) to address a situation like this?
No bucks? No Buck Rogers! 8)
Niko
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: Redress of grievance against CASA?

Postby Niko » Tue Jul 24 2018, 05:47

https://www.casa.gov.au/about-us/standa ... mmissioner - This link has the information you need. Good Luck,
lowlevelhell
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby lowlevelhell » Tue Jul 24 2018, 09:00

how ironic! no sooner had I made my post here, I received a text message this evening from CASA saying my Form 61-9TX has been received and I'll be advised when my application is completed. Exactly 2 months to the day it was originally submitted! this highlights how the CASA system is horribly flawed if they can keep people waiting for months without processing ANYTHING! just totally inexplicable.... :roll:
ChicoCheco
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby ChicoCheco » Wed Jul 25 2018, 16:42

Try half year, holding up few forms/appls because of another, which isn't meant to be damn prerequisite.

No contact, no reason. Only eventually found out what caused it. That's after being hurt by some paper pushing silly decisions affecting my career/move to Australia badly some years back, setting me back more years.

I am in position to soend/save more and have residence sorted, but besides basic CPLs (for PNG etc in theory) I have to reconsider spending on FI conversion/additional training.

I have had reduced tolerance to bull especially due to past.

You just can't win with them.
lowlevelhell
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby lowlevelhell » Thu Jul 26 2018, 02:48

I had a long chat yesterday with my CFI who did my HFR, he pretty much explained the abysmal process CASA use that's indicative of their dire performance in respect to processing paperwork. How the staff meet their monthly KPI's is anybody's guess?. I've flown in 3rd world countries whose civil aviation authorities processed my licensing documentation in a matter of hours or days compared to CASA. It's one thing to expect 3rd world standards of service in such countries, but to live in a "developed" country that supposedly pride's itself on its innovation, but delivers sub-3rd world standards of service defies all explanation and reasoning, in fact it's downright painfully embarrassing! :lol: I renew my FAA CFI biennially and it's processed and sent from Oklahoma City in the USA in a matter of weeks!
I can understand why Dick Smith resigned TWICE in utter frustration at trying to reform the toxic culture that pervades CASA... Oc:=
Eric Hunt
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Eric Hunt » Thu Jul 26 2018, 03:02

An operator put some paperwork in to his local FOI, but was getting no response. Turns out this fella was working in the civil world for 3 years, decided to go back into CA$A, found the same paperwork sitting on his desk from 3 years back. The operator finally got his response, 3 years late.
lowlevelhell
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby lowlevelhell » Thu Jul 26 2018, 03:09

Eric Hunt wrote:An operator put some paperwork in to his local FOI, but was getting no response. Turns out this fella was working in the civil world for 3 years, decided to go back into CA$A, found the same paperwork sitting on his desk from 3 years back. The operator finally got his response, 3 years late.

Oh but we're the "lucky country" right? :lol:

we'll see once the Chinese take over civil aviation in 'Straya (which is well under way) how much more "efficiently" it'll run with massive injections of the Yuan!

Return to “CASA”