cyclone Lozza

Got a good idea for Bladeslapper? Suggest it here.
black duck
Capt Poppet
Capt Poppet

cyclone Lozza

Postby black duck » Fri Dec 18 2009, 23:11

Just been looking at the BOM site, Ex Cyclone Laurie had crossed the coast On the Dampier Peninsula by 0600 this morning. Looks like he'll wind up and get re named today (could be a nasty little bastard too!) and I dare say that we'll ( Karratha, Dampier) will be on a yellow alert this arvo.
just wondering if any one flying out of KTA have started pulling the non essential frieght (pax) off the rigs yet? We towed the export hose in from MV 11 a couple of days ago and the DB 30 has been towed into Dampier as well. We're on standby to go and get another export hose (Ha like F*#k!). After last years fiasco, it'll be intersting to see how the oil companies handle this one!
Cheers,
BD.
"It's wabbit seathon! It' duck seathon! I dare you to shoot me now!"
whirlyman
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: cyclone Lozza

Postby whirlyman » Sat Dec 19 2009, 04:04

Here in Hedland its going to get a wee bit windy too it seems. Harbour looking at closing and sending all the ships to sea by lunchtime tomorrow. But, it could all just turn and go away, but I doubt it. Prediction at present, (Given the accuracy of our weather forecasts... this is purely fiction) is it might cross the coast between 80 Mile and Hedland. Just the sort of gear we want to be out in in our little single at night. Good thing they breed us tough up here.... :shock:
We have about 17 Cape size vessels in the anchorage, and 5 in the harbour with a couple of Salties (Crane ships etc.) poking around as well. As yet no real weather, few storms the other night and 50 odd knots for a few hours which made is a tad bit bumpy, but mostly humid and fairly mild... (Anything below 40C this time of year is splendiferously pleasant...)
Heres to hoping everyone has everything sorted BEFORE it hits, and not trying to get last minute things done as it hits. Only thing that you should be rushing around doing as its coming is making sure the fridge had a good supply of cold ones, and got the esky packed with ice incase the power goes. Last thing you want is warm ones.... never mind the roof or the car. :lol:

RIght.. off to check the fridge.....
black duck
Capt Poppet
Capt Poppet

Postby black duck » Sat Dec 19 2009, 07:29

Definition of a Cyclone warning, the pubs shut on red alert!
BD
helicopspeeder
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby helicopspeeder » Sun Dec 20 2009, 02:05

Hey Whirlyman,
ya got enough room and cold ones to provide shelter for all those warm, wide-eyed trainees of the medical persuasion? I bet none of them has seen a big blow!
The voices in my head are debating the lyrics to "Hotel California"
black duck
Capt Poppet
Capt Poppet

Postby black duck » Sun Dec 20 2009, 07:49

hey whirlyman.... DUUUUCK!!! :? I mean, LOOK OUT!! IT'S COMING YOUR WAY!!!..... How many trainees speeds?
BD
helicopspeeder
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby helicopspeeder » Sun Dec 20 2009, 09:51

More than enough to keep Whirlyman busy, even with his gruelling schedule :lol:
helicopspeeder
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby helicopspeeder » Sun Dec 20 2009, 09:54

Cyclone Laurence, Cyclone Larry. What's the difference? Larry was a real bastard, I was there. I hope this one doesn't take after it's namesake!
black duck
Capt Poppet
Capt Poppet

Postby black duck » Sun Dec 20 2009, 10:16

yeah i'm hearin' ya, Thelma was a bitch too :x one cyclone is one to many, I wonder if whirlyman could use some help? :D
Pegs
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Pegs » Wed Dec 23 2009, 12:11

how's it going out there, getting rough yet? :cool_dc:
A good idea needs landing gear as well as wings to get off the ground.
black duck
Capt Poppet
Capt Poppet

Postby black duck » Wed Dec 23 2009, 13:24

Oc:= nup! hav'nt left yet just about to start em up, it aint gunna be pretty though and sleep for the next couple of days is off the menu and....... I thought you said you were studying? :D Bloody addictive this site, ah gotta go, they want noise. Later!
BD :D
Pegs
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Pegs » Wed Dec 23 2009, 13:43

am kinda (yawning) studing, I didn't say i was studying the theory book though LOL, yes this site is ADDICTIVE! hopefully I learnt something other than a new keyboard lanuage :D U have fun, fly safe. Talk to u in a few days :wink: :cool_dc:
Yakking
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Yakking » Wed Dec 23 2009, 23:42

I reckon addictive is an understatement for you two guys.
I wish I had a catchy saying like everyone else...
Pegs
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Pegs » Thu Dec 24 2009, 00:28

:D Yakking, u may be relieved to hear i'm off for a week's fishing (out of computer range), and so after xmas I promise u won't hear from me for at least a week, then it will take a week for the sunburn to reduce enough so I can type the keyboard again so happy holidays to you, and yes this site is somewhat addictive, but its only because of all the great like minded people that make it up! Oh And the few complete wankers that stir the rest of you up, :lol: and keep peoples like me in hysterics and make the days (and nights) interesting.

It never ceases to amaze me how people from different countries, race, and creedence can talk over a common interest and become, well for want of a better description "cyber mates", when in real life you would prob never meet. Thanks to all of you who make the day a bit more interesting, whether by your whitty (and no so whitty) remarks, helpful advice and tuition and constant badgering to the tune of "take a teaspooon of cement newbie"! :twisted:
Merry Xmas to u all. :!: :!: :lol:
happy flying Pegs :cool_dc: :cool_dc:

Return to “Bladeslapper Suggestions (and gripes)”