Aircrew required thread.

Got a good idea for Bladeslapper? Suggest it here.
Sparrow

Aircrew required thread.

Postby Sparrow » Thu Jan 24 2013, 21:35

How about a seperate thread for Rescue Crew / Air crew officer / Winch Op vacancies? Would save us back seaters having to trolling thur all the pilot wanted posts....... just a thought. Cheers :wink:
FerrariFlyer
4th Dan
4th Dan

Re: Aircrew required thread.

Postby FerrariFlyer » Fri Jan 25 2013, 00:52

Not a bad suggestion, albeit the aircrewman roles are not as frequent as pilot positions.

As far as possible with job advertisements we do try to make the title as clear and unambiguous as possible for this very reason.

May I suggest you send a PM to the administrator 'helothere' and see if he can work something up for you.
AKH
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby AKH » Fri Jan 25 2013, 13:44

Sparrow wrote:How about a seperate thread for Rescue Crew / Air crew officer / Winch Op vacancies? Would save us back seaters having to trolling thur all the pilot wanted posts....... just a thought. Cheers :wink:

Here, here Sparrow.....ask & ye shall recieve....what say you Helothere ?? :D :D :D
helicrewman
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby helicrewman » Fri Jan 25 2013, 22:52

Seems like a good idea to me.
helothere
Sensei
Sensei

Postby helothere » Sun Jan 27 2013, 09:40

AKH wrote:
Sparrow wrote:How about a seperate thread for Rescue Crew / Air crew officer / Winch Op vacancies? Would save us back seaters having to trolling thur all the pilot wanted posts....... just a thought. Cheers :wink:

Here, here Sparrow.....ask & ye shall recieve....what say you Helothere ?? :D :D :D

Yes
:wink:
Masto
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Masto » Mon Jan 28 2013, 14:58

It appears that I don't have permissions to view Helothere :(
Mred215
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Mred215 » Tue Jan 29 2013, 20:36

I've got the same problem as Masto - that particular forum says that I don't have permission to view.
AKH
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby AKH » Wed Jan 30 2013, 10:29

helothere wrote:
AKH wrote:

Yes
:wink:

Helothere.....Well done & Thanks for the Rescue Crew / Air crew officer / Winch Op vacancies thread....small problem it seems to be locked & can't post in there

Any solutions ?? :D
helothere
Sensei
Sensei

Postby helothere » Wed Jan 30 2013, 11:41

Thought I tested that. How now?
FerrariFlyer
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby FerrariFlyer » Fri Feb 1 2013, 02:29

Thread confirmed as working.

Now...we just need a wave of aircrewman jobs... 8)
Masto
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Masto » Fri Feb 1 2013, 07:43

FerrariFlyer wrote:Thread confirmed as working.

Now...we just need a wave of aircrewman jobs... 8)

Haha FF! Sarcasm noted ;) apparently the only people that provide training of Aircrew is the ADF?!? And here is me all keen if only given a chance :(
groundpilot

Postby groundpilot » Fri Feb 1 2013, 08:59

I think you will find that the bigger EMS operators sometimes train their own up. ADF is not the only avenue to secure a winch op / down the wire position.
FerrariFlyer
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby FerrariFlyer » Fri Feb 1 2013, 09:28

Masto check your pm's
Masto
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Masto » Sat Feb 2 2013, 02:13

groundpilot wrote:I think you will find that the bigger EMS operators sometimes train their own up. ADF is not the only avenue to secure a winch op / down the wire position.

Yeah sorry GP,
Meant that with a little tongue-in-cheek.

I've done a bit of door knocking, begging and Q&A with some companies. The general consensus is that Careflight charge a lot for a course with minimal hours, EMQ have extremely high fitness requirements, and most prefer ADF crewies anyway (after a little retraining :P).

It seems almost impossible to break into the trade with no experience... Which is unfortunate because I'd love that type of work. Also as an ex-ADF (not crewie) I'm keen to learn!
Gazelle01

Postby Gazelle01 » Sat Feb 2 2013, 02:58

Yep tell me about it...I'm a military crewie wanting to move to the civi world but it's a hard industry to get into...and I'm qualified and current in all the pre reqs they ask for.... But I'll keep trying :)
helicrewman
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby helicrewman » Sat Feb 2 2013, 03:23

Masto wrote:
groundpilot wrote:I think you will find that the bigger EMS operators sometimes train their own up. ADF is not the only avenue to secure a winch op / down the wire position.

Yeah sorry GP,
Meant that with a little tongue-in-cheek.

I've done a bit of door knocking, begging and Q&A with some companies. The general consensus is that Careflight charge a lot for a course with minimal hours, EMQ have extremely high fitness requirements, and most prefer ADF crewies anyway (after a little retraining :P).

It seems almost impossible to break into the trade with no experience... Which is unfortunate because I'd love that type of work. Also as an ex-ADF (not crewie) I'm keen to learn!

I think most companies have a similar fitness test, if not the exact same as EMQ.
Masto
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Masto » Sun Feb 3 2013, 03:20

Cheers FF, check pm :D
Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Fri Feb 22 2013, 10:51

See the new thread is up and running
many thanks bladeslapper :D

Return to “Bladeslapper Suggestions (and gripes)”