Suggestion (Designated area for flight manuals/technical doc

Got a good idea for Bladeslapper? Suggest it here.
tailrotor
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Suggestion (Designated area for flight manuals/technical doc

Postby tailrotor » Sat Oct 26 2013, 01:34

Just wondering if it would be possible to add a section on the site for people to submit electronic flight manuals and other technical documents as I have personally had to beg here a couple of times and seen a few other people doing it as well =P. Not sure if there's a copyright issue with that, just wondering.
Evil Twin
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Re: Suggestion (Designated area for flight manuals/technical

Postby Evil Twin » Sat Oct 26 2013, 02:20

Can be a bit of a legal minefield with that one. Eurocopter in particular are very anti the idea and people have been threatened in the past from other forums. Others MD for example are very open about the idea.

However a quick search here, and as you've done, a request for a particular model often comes up with the goods.

ET
helothere
Sensei
Sensei

Postby helothere » Mon Oct 28 2013, 06:13

I'd really like to have a section like that but as ET says, it's a legal minefield. Thanks for the suggestion but for now it will have to remain as a request thing.
cazzaca
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby cazzaca » Mon Oct 28 2013, 10:32

Just a separate point on this that it's really not a good idea to store documentation that is often updated and therefore you may end up with an older version of the manual etc.
Personal experience - annoying when people are using the wrong version of a document, in our case it may have a much worse effect if eg. there is an AD or something you may be missing out on.
Not to mention the storage space required of said documents over time on the server.

What I'd suggest as an alternative is a sticky post with links to the electronic versions of manuals, where available, then if/when links change people can update them.
I can't see any legal or other issues (other than link changes) that would prevent this from occurring?
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Re: Suggestion (Designated area for flight manuals/technical doc

Postby hand in pants » Sun May 8 2016, 21:24

I bet Agusta would be dead against saving flight manuals anywhere. The bastards just made us pay 5,800 euros for a 3 year subscription to the MM and FM. and it's not a printed version either.
Hand in Pants, I'm thinking, my god, that IS huge!!!!!!!!
Skid Marks
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: Suggestion (Designated area for flight manuals/technical doc

Postby Skid Marks » Sun May 8 2016, 23:47

Worth remembering for anyone looking for Robbie Flight Manuals, Illustrated Parts Catalogues, Maintenance Manuals, Service Bulletins, Safety Notices etc, the latest versions can be downloaded directly from Robinson - http://www.robinsonheli.com

In addition to the POH, I've found the Maintenance Manuals to be well worth a look to enhance overall knowledge of the aircraft that I'm flying.

Return to “Bladeslapper Suggestions (and gripes)”