Excel Performance Charts

Upload or Download weight & balance sheets
UnObvious
1st Dan
1st Dan

Excel Performance Charts

Postby UnObvious » Sun Aug 25 2019, 19:55

Hi all,

I'm in the process of trying to sort out a bit of a spreadsheet where I can input my OAT and PA and it will give me my HOGE weight.

I saw this guy on youtube, and this is basically exactly what I'd like to develop, but I have no clue how this excel wizard pulled it off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6A4Ujg_N60

He has an Aussie accent so maybe someone here knows him? Wondering if I can get a copy of his worksheets so I can try and work it out (mine is for a squirrel), or if he could provide some tips.

Cheers
Evil Twin
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Re: Excel Performance Charts

Postby Evil Twin » Sun Aug 25 2019, 22:37

Have you sent him a message one youtube?
Eric Hunt
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Eric Hunt » Sun Aug 25 2019, 22:59

Excel is pretty amazing, I used to know how to do some cool stuff like you want, but the grey cells are turning black.

FSI in West Palm had some fabulous graphics done in Excel, complete hydraulic systems with moving fluids, turn a valve and see the pistons move, create a leak and see what you will lose. Same with fuel systems, electrics - all fully moving and very easy to understand. I asked them for a copy, seeing as how I lived a squillion miles away and would like to review the systems, but they sort of said no.
Chang739
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Chang739 » Mon Aug 26 2019, 07:40

What are you trying to achieve? If you want the results, that shouldn't be too hard to achieve. You'd need to use Excel solver or Matlab to work out the curves on said charts as a function, but after that it would be easy enough to punch inputs and get outputs.

If you wanted live graphs that move while you use sliders like in that video, that would require a lot more work and I'm not sure its entirely necessary if all you need is the results. It can be done but usually no one puts in that kind of time to make it pretty unless they intend on selling the product.

Return to “Flight Planning”