Kneepad sheets

Upload or Download weight & balance sheets
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Kneepad sheets

Postby NEWBIE » Fri Mar 26 2010, 00:19

Rather than re-inventing the wheel, was looking to see if anyone had found a good set up for their primary page on their kneepad, something that gives a good layout for ATIS, TRAFIC WEATHER and the likes. Any suggestions on layouts are appreciated.
Nev

Re: Kneepad sheets

Postby Nev » Fri Mar 26 2010, 03:59

My suggestion is to not use a knee pad at all.If the engine does decide to quit on you one day and just for a split second the cyclic catches on the pad, it could be the difference between entering or not entering auto. Just my 2 cent's worth . Good luck with your flying
Zabar
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Zabar » Fri Mar 26 2010, 10:17

Your point would seem to have some merit Nev. Any ideas though on alternatives? I can't imagine doing a Nav with nothing written down easily accessible for reference. Opposite knee maybe?
ballslapper
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby ballslapper » Fri Mar 26 2010, 11:31

I have used a kneeboard for 10 years without any problems - horses for courses I suppose. So far as format, I tried lots of different things with spots for atis, clearances etc but wrote things down on any spare bit of space. These days I just have a blank paper and scribble as required.

All the best

Balls
NZHelo
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby NZHelo » Sat Mar 27 2010, 00:58

Zabar wrote:Your point would seem to have some merit Nev. Any ideas though on alternatives? I can't imagine doing a Nav with nothing written down easily accessible for reference. Opposite knee maybe?

Use your chart.
Zabar
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Zabar » Sat Mar 27 2010, 08:45

NZHelo wrote:Use your chart.

Yep, sure do use a chart - with essential info on there. Works great - along with one other sheet used for logging some other nav details, ATIS etc and all necessary frequencies in the order needed. Much easier to read than trying to write 4 or more freq for arrival and departure at one CTZ all on the chart. Anyway - works for me and has never been in the way.
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby NEWBIE » Mon Mar 29 2010, 12:59

Thanks all for your thoughts, have worn one on my leg now for a couple of thousand hours of helicopter time and never had any problems, normally rotate it to the outside of the leg when not in use, and I can assure you, you will get past it in a auto, and I would prefer that then un-secured kit in the cabin.
And having something where all information is handy when you are flying SP, and also good to mount you plates on. So if anyone has a good one they would suggest please let me know, currently carrying three types helo, <200knts and >200knts as there are all specific and looking for a good generic plate
pilonrock
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby pilonrock » Mon Mar 29 2010, 18:03

Never put on your kneepads! For any job no matter how good the offer :lol: Couldn't resist! 8)
Yankee
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Yankee » Fri Apr 2 2010, 15:48

Gee,

i thought this was some kinda sexual deviant post... Kneepad sheets... lol, someones trying to keep their knees clean while "on the job" lol.

Well, at least this post put a smile on my dial today!!!
Don't think of yourself as and ugly person. Think of yourself as a beautiful monkey.

Return to “Flight Planning”