Solo Man

Upload or Download weight & balance sheets
Bladerunner
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Solo Man

Postby Bladerunner » Sun Jun 26 2011, 11:51

To all of the fraternity,

Couldn't post this until now, but did my my first SOLO on Friday Arvo.

The feeling is awesome.

Still can't wipe the smile off my face.

Big thanks to Roger and all the crew at V2 Archerfield

Bladerunner
The world needs to HATFU !
Hover Nation
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: Solo Man

Postby Hover Nation » Sun Jun 26 2011, 12:49

Great work mate!!

Where's the carton though??
helothere
Sensei
Sensei

Postby helothere » Sun Jun 26 2011, 19:39

Woo! Nice work, you will always remember this moment. Welcome to the team!
hawk1
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby hawk1 » Sun Jun 26 2011, 22:16

Well done,a big achievement :D
papillons
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby papillons » Sun Jun 26 2011, 22:27

Perhaps the trickiest part, albeit a pleasant one, of flying without an instructor for the first time is adjusting to the different inflight characteristics of Solo Aerodynamics. The particles of air act in a subtly different and highly complex way (well beyond the scope of understanding of instructors), to produce some perhaps counter-intuitive results: hovers become almost perfectly stable, in flight parameters such as airspeeds, altitudes, approach angles and engine RPMs can be set and maintained with a precision such as to make Swiss Jewellers weep. Airmanship too is enhanced by the nuanced flow of Solo Air Particles, as are cockpit efficiency, DR arithmetic agility and even, in some cases, the Darwinian Reproductive Response in the opposite gender of the species. It's uncanny, really, do you not now agree Blade Runner? Indeed, flying sans instructor it is possible to achieve such stratospherically high standards of piloting that I am seriously considering drafting a proposal for CASA to phase them out of the training syllabus entirely. Think of the cost saving alone!

Blade Runner, I fondly recall giving my first solo a 9.9 out of ten. (I docked myself for failing to conceive a solution to the Israel-Palestine conflict whilst airborne). How about you? A 10, perhaps?!

Congrats mate. Now comes the hard bit: the next 10,000 hours or so...
¡Librame!
black duck
Capt Poppet
Capt Poppet

Postby black duck » Sun Jun 26 2011, 23:55

Hover Nation wrote:Great work mate!!

Where's the carton though??

Derr, really!! don't you know anything!! :roll: he's SOLO MAN!!!! He's dribbled it all down his chin and his chest!!! :D

Well done old mate, It's one moment that will stay with you forever!
"It's wabbit seathon! It' duck seathon! I dare you to shoot me now!"
Hughesy
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Hughesy » Mon Jun 27 2011, 01:58

Good stuff man!!
Something to be truly proud of, and you will look back on that forever.
:D
Bladerunner
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Bladerunner » Mon Jun 27 2011, 03:11

papillons wrote:Perhaps the trickiest part, albeit a pleasant one, of flying without an instructor for the first time is adjusting to the different inflight characteristics of Solo Aerodynamics. The particles of air act in a subtly different and highly complex way (well beyond the scope of understanding of instructors), to produce some perhaps counter-intuitive results: hovers become almost perfectly stable, in flight parameters such as airspeeds, altitudes, approach angles and engine RPMs can be set and maintained with a precision such as to make Swiss Jewellers weep. Airmanship too is enhanced by the nuanced flow of Solo Air Particles, as are cockpit efficiency, DR arithmetic agility and even, in some cases, the Darwinian Reproductive Response in the opposite gender of the species. It's uncanny, really, do you not now agree Blade Runner? Indeed, flying sans instructor it is possible to achieve such stratospherically high standards of piloting that I am seriously considering drafting a proposal for CASA to phase them out of the training syllabus entirely. Think of the cost saving alone!

Papillons,

As you say, in my opinion it was a perfect flight and yes i was told that night by a member of the opposite sex that i was now officially the sexiest man she knows ! :lol:

papillons wrote:Blade Runner, I fondly recall giving my first solo a 9.9 out of ten. (I docked myself for failing to conceive a solution to the Israel-Palestine conflict whilst airborne). How about you? A 10, perhaps?!

At first i marked myself as an 11 out of 10, however upon reflection, for failing whilst airborne to:-

achieve World Peace,

install a good Federal Government

and make CASA a reasonable organisation to deal with,

I marked it back to a 10

Oh man , it was so awesome

Seriously though, Thanks everybody for the well wishes
Last edited by Bladerunner on Mon Jun 27 2011, 11:39, edited 2 times in total.
The world needs to HATFU !
KeenAsMustard

Postby KeenAsMustard » Mon Jun 27 2011, 03:15

Congrats!

I went solo myself a few weeks back and am looking to my first flight out to the training ground by myself next weekend. It's the best!

Good luck with the rest of your licence.

See you up there! :D

Return to “Flight Planning”