Ozrunways

Upload or Download weight & balance sheets
555ron
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Ozrunways

Postby 555ron » Sun Aug 3 2014, 21:25

Just wondering if anyone knew of a good manual or video on ozrunways.

I've heard about and searched google for a night mode feature but haven't been able to enable it. I'm thinking it may have been removed in the later versions - perhaps as part of their CASA approval?

And I know it can calculate LSALT for you. Does anyone know how?

Lastly if there's a feature you think is perhaps a little hidden and people should know about... Go ahead and tell us.
Zabar
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: Ozrunways

Postby Zabar » Sun Aug 3 2014, 21:41

The night mode feature is achieved by using 'Invert Colours' which is a setting in the device. Go to Settings - General - Accessibility, turn on Invert Colours and down the bottom set the Accessibility Shortcut to Invert Colours. Now triple click the home button to activate and deactivate.
Zabar
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: Ozrunways

Postby Zabar » Sun Aug 3 2014, 21:49

In OzRunways under documents you will find a lot of useful guides. I think some of these are also available on the OzRunways website.

For LSALT, when on the map page tap the cogs symbol and turn on 'Show LSALT Boundaries'. An information symbol will appear and if you press that you can then choose wether you want the LSALT based on aids or GPS. This then draws the relevant splays around your flight planned track. There is also a LSALT option for the HUD that will show you the grid LSALT for your current location.

Return to “Flight Planning”