Aeropower looking for a Pilot

Need a Pilot? Advertise here.
Mag seal
1st Dan
1st Dan

Aeropower looking for a Pilot

Postby Mag seal » Wed Feb 5 2020, 00:32

https://www.afap.org.au/pilot-jobs/pilo ... line%20Ops

Nothing to do with me. I noticed it on the AFAP site and posted the link.
bubble bugs
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: Aeropower looking for a Pilot

Postby bubble bugs » Sat Feb 8 2020, 22:41

That is a terrible roster! Do guys actually do this year round?
Evil Twin
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Evil Twin » Sat Feb 8 2020, 23:33

bubble bugs wrote:That is a terrible roster! Do guys actually do this year round?

You should see mine!
Mag seal
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Mag seal » Sun Feb 9 2020, 01:29

Evil Twin wrote:
bubble bugs wrote:That is a terrible roster! Do guys actually do this year round?

You should see mine!

Ok tell us.

I think three weeks away from home with one off could only be sustained by a single person. I'd suspect with a roster like that there would be a high turnover of staff.

If however you are only away some days out of a 3 week swing and home most nights that's a different story. Would anyone care to share their experience and what is the salary for a position like this?

Just curious, I've no interest in applying.
Evil Twin
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Evil Twin » Sun Feb 9 2020, 05:43

Mag seal wrote:
Evil Twin wrote:

You should see mine!

Ok tell us.

I think three weeks away from home with one off could only be sustained by a single person. I'd suspect with a roster like that there would be a high turnover of staff.

If however you are only away some days out of a 3 week swing and home most nights that's a different story. Would anyone care to share their experience and what is the salary for a position like this?

Challenge accepted, from the 10th December:-

3 days 2 nights 3 off, 2 days 2 nights 2 off, 2 days 1 night 3 off, 4 days 1 night 2 off, 3 days 4 off, 3 days 2 nights 3 off, 3 days 1 night 3 off, 3 days 1 night 3 off, 1 day 2 off, 6 days. It's an absolute goat root!
rex bivouac
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby rex bivouac » Sun Feb 9 2020, 07:34

Try having no Roster....
Mag seal
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Mag seal » Sun Feb 9 2020, 07:40

Evil Twin wrote:
Mag seal wrote:
Evil Twin wrote:
You should see mine!

Ok tell us.

Challenge accepted, from the 10th December:-

3 days 2 nights 3 off, 2 days 2 nights 2 off, 2 days 1 night 3 off, 4 days 1 night 2 off, 3 days 4 off, 3 days 2 nights 3 off, 3 days 1 night 3 off, 3 days 1 night 3 off, 1 day 2 off, 6 days. It's an absolute goat root!

That’s some crazy shifts.

That company needs to hire more pilots. Your fatigue scores must be high.
I’m guessing MPT?
Evil Twin
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Evil Twin » Sun Feb 9 2020, 08:01

Still on 48.1, sit up against the 90 hr limit most days :roll:
Jabberwocky
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Jabberwocky » Sun Feb 9 2020, 08:27

I used to do 3 - 6 weeks on with 3 days off, with 6 weeks off over summer. I don't do that anymore.
angrywasp
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby angrywasp » Mon Feb 10 2020, 01:05

Depends where your based. In Queensland, you get sent all over the shop doing three week tours with a week off. Not so good if your not married to the job. In Adelaide it was mostly a Monday to Friday job with standby on some weekends. In that case away for four nights per week was usual.
However this was some time ago and what the structure is now would have to be determined.
Eric Hunt
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Eric Hunt » Mon Feb 10 2020, 05:00

Evil, when you say "night" what hours does that mean?

In the Bad Old Days at Polar Bear, "Day" was 0700-1500 and "Night" was 1500-2300.

A 5-day week of "night", 2 weeks of day, with the 2 days off being slid around, sometimes coinciding with a weekend, often not, but no night shift on a Sunday. It was pretty easy, but many times I was called back at midnight after a day shift to go somewhere or look for something. Time off after a callout was usually a fight with the Sgt.

Worse was on Horny Island, where we spent a full day travelling, on a bus at 0630 to Brisbane, fly to Cairns, wait, fly to Horn, arrive around 1430, and straight onto a night shift! At least the night shift was "on call" back in your room, but if your room is a teensy portable in the local hotel, next to the bar, and there is a callout on the first night, there ain't much CAO 48 in that lot.

Return to “Pilots Required”