Casual R44 Pilot Required - Whitsundays

Need a Pilot? Advertise here.
GSL Aviation

Casual R44 Pilot Required - Whitsundays

Postby GSL Aviation » Sun Aug 20 2017, 01:07

GSL Aviation is accepting applications for a Casual R44 Pilot Position.

The position will start within the next few weeks and last throughout the busy period up to the end of February 2018. We are a tourism company based in Airlie Beach QLD and will be looking for a pilot who is, friendly, outgoing & presentable for our growing Helicopter division. A background in hospitality will benefit. Our flights are conducted in the Whitsunday Reef & Island area ex Shute Harbour Airport. This is a good opportunity for a new pilot to gain his/her next career step.

Requirements:
CPL H
Class 1 Medical
Low Level
Min 400 Hours Total
R44 Rated
DG Cert
ASIC
Over water experience preferred but not essential

Applicants of interest will be invited for an interview and check flight at Shute Harbour and the successful applicant will be asked to move to and live in Airlie Beach.
Casual Position will be a minimum of 5 Full Days work per fortnight on casual award rates. During busy weeks you will be asked to work more days.

Please send resumes to iain@gslaviation.com.au

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Worzel_Gummidge
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: Casual R44 Pilot Required - Whitsundays

Postby Worzel_Gummidge » Tue Aug 22 2017, 09:07

Great to see jobs out there for low time pilots and not a bad place to be flying around! To help those new pilots figure out how much they stand to earn as a casual here's a few numbers for you.

I have used the minimum Award salary for a single engine pilot, in their 1st year of service, which is $52,037.00. As a casual you will earn 1/800th of that annual salary PER FLYING HOUR, which is $65.05/hr, plus a 25% loading which makes your hourly rate $81.31.

Under the Award you are entitled to 4hrs at the above rate if you do more than 4hrs DUTY, including rostered Standby, regardless of whether you fly or not.

So for a given fortnight, assuming you are rostered for 5 full days, you will earn a minimum of $1626.20. (4hrs per day at $81.31 x 5 days)

If you end up flying more than 4hrs on a given day then your wage will be $81.31 multiplied by the actual hours you fly.

I'd work on the minimum and ensure you can afford to live on that amount whilst you're there.

Good luck!
arrrj
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby arrrj » Tue Aug 22 2017, 10:08

At least the words are BIG so that older blokes like me can read it... :lol:
Hueyman
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Hueyman » Tue Aug 22 2017, 12:50

Would be there yesterday to apply if I met the minimum hour requirements. :cry:
charlie don't surf! (c:_ol
bl@ckers
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby bl@ckers » Wed Aug 23 2017, 04:10

Worzel_Gummidge wrote:Great to see jobs out there for low time pilots and not a bad place to be flying around! To help those new pilots figure out how much they stand to earn as a casual here's a few numbers for you.

I have used the minimum Award salary for a single engine pilot, in their 1st year of service, which is $52,037.00. As a casual you will earn 1/800th of that annual salary PER FLYING HOUR, which is $65.05/hr, plus a 25% loading which makes your hourly rate $81.31.

Under the Award you are entitled to 4hrs at the above rate if you do more than 4hrs DUTY, including rostered Standby, regardless of whether you fly or not.

So for a given fortnight, assuming you are rostered for 5 full days, you will earn a minimum of $1626.20. (4hrs per day at $81.31 x 5 days)

If you end up flying more than 4hrs on a given day then your wage will be $81.31 multiplied by the actual hours you fly.

I'd work on the minimum and ensure you can afford to live on that amount whilst you're there.

Good luck!

Jut to clarify what has been said here. The minimum rate is 2 hours if the duty is 4 hours or less and a minimum rate of 4 hours if the duty exceeds 4 hours.

So as a minimum you could earn $813.10 per fortnight and not as shown above.

from the award:

(i) for a period of duty (including rostered stand-by) of four hours or less, a
minimum payment of two hours; and
(ii) for a period of duty (including rostered stand-by) exceeding four hours, a
minimum of four hours.
Worzel_Gummidge
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Worzel_Gummidge » Wed Aug 23 2017, 06:08

So as a minimum you could earn $813.10 per fortnight and not as shown above.

Not if you use the information provided in the advertisement as it says "5 FULL days work per fortnight". I would assume that means more than 4hrs DUTY per day.
bl@ckers
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby bl@ckers » Wed Aug 23 2017, 06:31

Apologies Worzel! You are correct!

Attention to detail......
Probbo
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Probbo » Wed Aug 23 2017, 10:13

Regardless of the pay, the successful applicant will enjoy fringe benefits consisting of getting paid to swim and observe topless backpackers at Whitehaven beach! :lol:
Balibelly
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Balibelly » Wed Aug 23 2017, 13:03

And Magnums Airlie Beach, lets not forget that....
GSL Aviation

Postby GSL Aviation » Sat Aug 26 2017, 00:42

Applications are now closed...

Thank you to everyone who applied and to those who have visited! We will be in contact in due course.

GSL Aviation

Return to “Pilots Required”