CAD Testing - anybody had it done?

Discuss and/or express your disgust about anything Aviation Medical
heli2o
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

CAD Testing - anybody had it done?

Postby heli2o » Mon Jul 28 2014, 08:14

Hello to all, just wondering if anybody has had a CAD test previously? Namely here in Aus. Is it something new that CASA has decided on? Apparently that 35% of CVD pilots will hold unrestricted class 1's according to web site link (not sure what country its from)

http://new.cvdpilots.com/standards/exams/cad/72-examcad
paulflint

Re: CAD Testing - anybody had it done?

Postby paulflint » Fri Jul 10 2015, 00:32

I have had a full eye exam, failed farnsworth lantern and ishihara but passed some other colour tests involving coloured counters gradually changing colour from blue to green to brown.
I have now been told by CASA I have to sit a CAD test but the testing centre nearest to me on the Gold Coast won't let me just sit the CAD test.
They want me to undergo a full eye exam again at full cost.
I can't believe how difficult it is here just to get in to the pilot seat.
I have an american HPPL and had to identify the colour of a light shone at me from a control tower which I passed to obtain a fully unrestricted licence in the U.S.
I entered the U.S. and left 6 weeks later with my PPL.
Here in Australia i have been in the process for over 16 weeks and still can't even get in the pilot seat of an aircraft.
paulflint

Postby paulflint » Fri Jul 10 2015, 00:52

As I have to do one as I am a mild deutan a took a look on youtube.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOJpZMors7A

and really can't see how that is relevant to flying an aircraft at all.
heli2o
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby heli2o » Fri Jul 10 2015, 05:04

paulflint wrote:As I have to do one as I am a mild deutan a took a look on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOJpZMors7A

and really can't see how that is relevant to flying an aircraft at all.

Word of warning.. the actual test is a lot harder than what is shown on you tube. Colours are randomized so you can either see them or not, the next colour won't show up until you make a selection, they move faster than what is shown on you tube, and all this for about 10min is really quite draining as your concentration is right up there. Not to mention the ridiculous cost of sitting the test. Good luck with it. If you fail, I suggest you sit it again, I got a better result on my second go allowing me to just get a class 1 with restrictions - if I submitted my first result I wouldn't be flying.
Outofwhack
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Outofwhack » Mon Oct 31 2016, 20:31

I recommend you don't do the CAD test. That 35% of CVD people pass is probably a lie just give to you hope and for the people behind this test to make money.

According to the regulations you are entitled to have a practical test. The inventor of the CAD test admitted under oath in an Australian court that his CAD test is not a practical test for piloting.

I suggest you get a lawyer behind you and insist on a practical test like the tower light gun test that they discontinued a couple of years back but could easily be performed.

OOW

Google CVDPA and you will then be fully informed.

Return to “Medical Talk”