AVMED - Do you have a problem with an assessment?

Discuss and/or express your disgust about anything Aviation Medical
up-into-the-air
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

AVMED - Do you have a problem with an assessment?

Postby up-into-the-air » Thu Jan 22 2015, 11:02

Hi,

Quite a few people have been complaining in a number of forums that they have had serious problems with casa AVMED assesments.

These problems include failure to answer letters, e-mails, phone calls or FAXES.

There have been numerous long delays for completed DAME medicals and we are looking to find out what the range of problems really is and how they can [if not already rectified], be rectified.

I am a private pilot who has been through the mill as well, due to a mistake by a DAME, which resulted in my Class 1 being suspended. I was horrified when this occurred and would not wish the same treatment for anyone else.

If you fall into this group, please click through to this page and assist us in compiling a proper list and range of issues faced.

We all have heard of the CVD problems and the current case before the AAT, which is attempting to overturn a long determined principle [with no accidents in Australia (or world-wide) of CVD related accidents. casa say that the US accident had CVD symptoms, but the real cause was on-ground interference with the PAPI visual indications due to the local terrain.

Please assist us as this will form part of a private review of AVMED and it's impact on aviation jobs in Australia.

UITA

Contact via:

http://vocasupport.com/avmed/
Hawkeye68
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: AVMED - Do you have a problem with an assessment?

Postby Hawkeye68 » Fri Jan 23 2015, 11:33

Mine went through in 4 days. Contacted AvMED as I needed to check my address details had been updated and the emailed me a copy that day.
up-into-the-air
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby up-into-the-air » Sun Jan 25 2015, 02:02

Hawkeye68 wrote:Mine went through in 4 days. Contacted AvMED as I needed to check my address details had been updated and the emailed me a copy that day.

You certainly are one of the few lucky ones. Many people report serious delays, numerous phone calls, refusal to FAX or e-mail copies. :roll:
colby
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby colby » Mon Jan 26 2015, 04:44

I have a medical coming up and quite frankly I'm living in fear as to what crap awaits this year. For the last couple of years it has been traumatic. Trying to talk to someone there with half a brain is the first problem. There seems to be a serious lack of qualified staff / doctors at CLARC to make a decision I finally got onto someone who found my file sitting on the desk of someone who was not in the office for the next 3 weeks. Big help as the revalidation had runout and was now sitting at home waiting for a medical certificate. Last year they told me I had to do more tests, following a heated chat to my amazement they rang me back and informed me that the doc had gone back and actually looked at my medical report. My medical was issued later that day.
Not so long ago the issue of a medical certificate was free and you had it within 2 - 3 weeks. Now they charge you and you have to chase it or go without a certificate till they get around to it.
Clarc, lift your game.
up-into-the-air
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby up-into-the-air » Mon Feb 9 2015, 03:29

There have been numerous replies, but we always need more. Please assist us as we need your examples to progress the matter and finalise the compilation of the relevant material. :cool_dc:
Heli
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Heli » Mon Feb 9 2015, 07:23

up-into-the-air wrote:There have been numerous replies, but we always need more. Please assist us as we need your examples to progress the matter and finalise the compilation of the relevant material. :cool_dc:

I'd like to help, but registering and viewing the site I can't see how I can actually share any problems for you to use :?:
up-into-the-air
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby up-into-the-air » Mon Feb 23 2015, 02:03

John O'Brien has won his AAT Apeal and the AAT decision has been published. It is worth a read as to process and problems of this type of appeal.

Read this at: http://vocasupport.com/casa-loses-the-cvd-case/
aaron
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby aaron » Wed Feb 25 2015, 05:44

Medical test and passed by Dr on 12th Jan, get email today with new medical attachment. Lucky I got my Dr to extend mine or else would've not been flying.
5-6 weeks is a long time to process them.
Twistgrip
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Twistgrip » Wed Feb 25 2015, 11:38

That's a great result with John and a win for those with CVD well done. However I must sheepishly admit over the last two years at least I've had nil issues with Avmed, my class ones have been renewed within 2 weeks :)
"You can watch things happen, you can make things happen or you can wonder what happened"
Hera

Postby Hera » Wed Feb 25 2015, 23:17

No problem with mine. Came through within 5 days.

Return to “Medical Talk”