Insurances

Loss of licence, TPD, loss of income and more.
mapala
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Insurances

Postby mapala » Tue Apr 21 2015, 02:26

G'day everyone!

Just wondering if anyone knows any insurance company offering policies to cover excess.
I have signed up a private hire agreement which states that if I crash I would have to pay an excess of a significant amount so I was wondering if there are any additional policies that can be taken for this excess to be covered and to basically end up with nothing to pay ( apart for the premium of that additional insurance of course)

On a similar topic, can anyone point out any good insurances which would cover someone for loss of income due to loss of medical or loss of licence.... Or basically any good insurance which would be wise for a helicopter pilot to have.

Thanks all, have a nice day!
FerrariFlyer
4th Dan
4th Dan

Re: Insurances

Postby FerrariFlyer » Tue Apr 21 2015, 03:31

The Australian Federation of Air Pilots have a Medical Benefits Fund for the loss of licence coverage, be it temporary or permanent. They also advertise via a banner on this site.
mapala
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby mapala » Tue Apr 21 2015, 04:03

FerrariFlyer wrote:The Australian Federation of Air Pilots have a Medical Benefits Fund for the loss of licence coverage, be it temporary or permanent. They also advertise via a banner on this site.

Thanks FF, I'll check it out.
ChicoCheco
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby ChicoCheco » Tue Apr 21 2015, 21:20

Country Wealth, IIRC, aviation insurance agent also advertising here, would be good to check out for the LOL insurance etc (which wouldn't be the funny lol)

Search past threads and it should resurface, plus google.
Planner
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Planner » Wed Apr 22 2015, 02:06

Hi Mapala

I can't help you on the LOL as that product is very tightly held in the local market. Apart from AFAPMBF there is really only one other option out there offered by QBE. I will give the opposition a plug, the Product Disclosure Statement is downloadable here:

http://www.absaviation.com.au/resource/ ... vidual.pdf

Please pay particular attention to the exclusions on the cover on page 2 as there are a couple of crackers in there. I won't provide an opinion on the forum about this cover or compare it to the MBF offering in case it gets me into some strife. I am not accredited in these products and therefore not authorised by the regulators to cast a public opinion. Happy to do so in a phone call though :D

What I can offer is Life and Trauma cover at white collar, unloaded rates without any aviation exclusions. I can cover most aviation related occupations including ag flying, mustering, off-shore, etc. For the uninitiated, trauma is a lump sum cover that pays upon diagnosis of cancer heart-attack, stroke, paralysis, severe burns, major head trauma, loss of independence and a host of nasty genetic diseases. Costs vary for each person so can't give a generic quote really but if you call or send me a PM with some details about yourself (gender, age, smoking status, what state you are in) I can knock up an accurate idea of cost. Can also run the life cover through super if you so wish to limit the impact on your personal cash flow.

If you have any questions fire-away. At home all day on study leave and looking for an excuse to get away from the books...

Regards,
Planner.
Scotsman

Postby Scotsman » Fri Jun 10 2016, 10:15

Mapala did you come right on the excess insurance bit as I am in the same situation? In South Africa I had one of those policies that insured the excess for private hire and really affordable protected your risk but I could not find the same here.

Return to “Insurance”