Don’t drone here..

UAV's, drivers, builders and the regulations.
Crystal Clear

Re: Don’t drone here..

Postby Crystal Clear » Mon Feb 19 2018, 22:35

Interestingly enough he got away with loosing his drone because he was a foreign national, lucky boy!

However, to try and answer "Who could / would / should?" maybe, just maybe a change to Civil Aviation Regulations. After all it is the Minister of Transport who creates the Civil Aviation Rules to make sure it happens, not the CAA?

That said, I stand ready to be corrected.
Gonsky
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Gonsky » Tue Feb 20 2018, 11:55

The next thing you have to worry about flying around..................

US patent US000009891885B2 brought to you by Samsung,

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/9891885.pdf

Regards,
'Mankind has a perfect record in aviation - we have never left one up there!'
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby hand in pants » Wed Feb 21 2018, 07:14

really
don't
care

not even a little bit.
Hand in Pants, I'm thinking, my god, that IS huge!!!!!!!!
Gonsky
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Gonsky » Wed Feb 21 2018, 11:39

Really?

Regards,
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby hand in pants » Thu Feb 22 2018, 08:26

Yep, not even a tiny little bit.
I find drones and most talk about drones to be blindingly boring, they are toys and won't do my job in my lifetime, not even in the foreseeable future.

So you can drone on about it all you want but do it on droneslapper, that's what its for. Bladeslapper is for actual helicopter pilots, not people who play with toys.
Gonsky
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Gonsky » Thu Feb 22 2018, 09:46

hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby hand in pants » Thu Feb 22 2018, 19:31

As I said, "they are toys and won't do my job in my lifetime, not even in the foreseeable future".

Your reference is not my job, never has been never will be.

And drones are still boring toys.
Cleared Hot
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Cleared Hot » Fri Feb 23 2018, 02:16

Children born today im sure in there lifetime they will ride a autonomous aircraft somewhere.
Assume the Position
Evil Twin
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Evil Twin » Fri Feb 23 2018, 04:50

Ok. Hands-up all those that have owned a windows computer and would still fly in a pilotless aircraft!
Gonsky
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Gonsky » Fri Feb 23 2018, 05:22

I always find it intriguing that people hold on to a rigid thought process while the world slowly grinds past them. No matter who you are it is not a fantasy it is a fact, the never ending comment is that I never thought it would happen.

I have been involved in a lot of industry’s for many years and the only constant they all have is job loss, that comes because of the two same factors, technology and money. One is a fact of human ingenuity and the other is a bi$ch that never sleeps. Over the years people have attempted to stop both but they are unstoppable.

Bell Helicopter changed its name to Bell in the last week and brought out a new logo, simply because of technology and money.

Regards,
Evil Twin
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Evil Twin » Fri Feb 23 2018, 08:38

Gonsky wrote:I always find it intriguing that people hold on to a rigid thought process while the world slowly grinds past them. No matter who you are it is not a fantasy it is a fact, the never ending comment is that I never thought it would happen.

I have been involved in a lot of industry’s for many years and the only constant they all have is job loss, that comes because of the two same factors, technology and money. One is a fact of human ingenuity and the other is a bi$ch that never sleeps. Over the years people have attempted to stop both but they are unstoppable.

Bell Helicopter changed its name to Bell in the last week and brought out a new logo, simply because of technology and money.

Regards,

Perhaps you should point that accusatory finger at yourself mate, you've been demonstrating nothing but that trait since you are here.
Gonsky
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Gonsky » Fri Feb 23 2018, 09:38

I joined this forum because for every one person that thinks the world is flat there are 500 that can see over the horizon, a lot of positive contacts have been made from those here that can see changes coming and want to be part of it.

The moment in you believe your irreplaceable, you have already been replaced.

Regards,
Evil Twin
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Evil Twin » Fri Feb 23 2018, 09:51

I got sucked in again by the troll. I'm out of this conversation, as he once promised out of the forum
FerrariFlyer
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby FerrariFlyer » Fri Feb 23 2018, 10:32

Gonsky,

As a fellow UAV/RPAS licenced person I find the subject matter occasionally interesting, as do a select few elsewhere in our industry. However, like most, I think we are a little tired of the almost shameless and repeated promotion of drones and how we are all being replaced at every turn etc etc etc. Yes, they have a roll to play and yes they will work along side manned aircraft and likely replace some things manned aircraft do but is there a chance we can wind things back a little?

If you haven’t noticed, it’s a little grating to join a forum made up largely of helicopter pilots and then shout at them how they are all pretty well finished and redundant. How to win friends and influence people? Not quite...
Twistgrip
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Twistgrip » Fri Feb 23 2018, 10:41

At the end of the day 99% of guys here joined “bladeslapper” to talk about helicopters.

There is a forum that has been mentioned to you last year and again in posts above called DroneSlapper but I don’t see you peddling your tireless retort over there?, maybe you enjoy the constant attention and the “bites” your getting over here who knows?.

Yes the drones are coming and times will change in some areas as they have already .... but they won’t be taking my job in a hurry.
"You can watch things happen, you can make things happen or you can wonder what happened"
Gonsky
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Gonsky » Fri Feb 23 2018, 10:55

There are 1000’s of new jobs coming into the UAS marketplace along with billions of dollars of expenditure. Considering the one constant on BS is the lack of job opportunities when there are definitely new possible alternatives.

There is a definite path for those that see the potential, so showing what is going on may just help majority think about what other possible opportunities there are.

That is unless you have the right to tell everyone in the industry what they should and shouldn’t be doing.

Regards,
Twistgrip
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Twistgrip » Fri Feb 23 2018, 14:05

I have been involved in a lot of industry’s for many years

And so have I and many on this forum and we need not prove a point.

We on Bladeslapper are generally a humble lot and we like to express everything related to rotary wing aviation.

As a privileged mod Ive come across a lot of personalities, and as was mentioned, Droneslapper is just a click away. I think everyone including the mods have had quite enough of drone rhetoric on here. Time to move on mate.
"You can watch things happen, you can make things happen or you can wonder what happened"
Gonsky
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Gonsky » Fri Feb 23 2018, 14:51

Steve the simple point is you and I have different approaches. You believe that you will be employed forever, I believe that nothing is forever and change equals opportunity.

From the first day I posted my thought process has not changed. I try and post interesting stuff not to scare but to inform, how you perceive what I post I have no control over. The simple point that pilots focus on additional ratings and get new certification and the like is to keep themselves employable. So basically if you don’t move forward your scr$wed, yet when I talk of change and opportunity the result is always the same.

How many people have been bullied off this forum as their beliefs were different from a few? I have seen huge battles over someone longline a wreak out of the bush and being buried quite brutally for days, others have been chastised as they are working for less than others believe they should be. Some people have good work ethics, others have the sense of entitlement. Some may just want to eat, I started in a career in 1985 on $185 a week from there I had a 30 year blast.

The only thing that has changed over the time is that 10 yrs ago, even 5 yrs ago you could harass people on a forum and little consequence. Unfortunately the structure of the industry and many others allowed those with seniority to rule the roost and others had to toe the line or suffer the consequences. You will of course state my posts as harassment, yet I have never called anyone a troll, I replied and it was deleted? I reply with logic and reason and get banned?

Now since my time on the BS forum there has always been about 5 constant guys who believe they know best. For the industry and for everyone. Yet the problem is that those guys are associated with big companies. Those big companies have even bigger HR departments. Those HR departments have huge policy manuals. Some of those polices refer to social media both in and out of company hours.

Do you personally exercise the same policy in your workplace regarding intolerance of others opinions?

Regards,
Twistgrip
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Twistgrip » Fri Feb 23 2018, 15:34

Greg,
If you wish to call each other’s first name I’ll do so In the public forum as well if you want to get personal ?. Yes you think you have some top cover but let me assure you that doesn’t concern us.

Greg, I’ve been a director in companies that have employed a few folks and now I’m quite content flying for one if the major players. You’ve no idea of my background so as they say don’t assume.

I think we’re done here mate.
wotyaup2
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby wotyaup2 » Fri Feb 23 2018, 15:50

pop;

Return to “Unmanned Aircraft Systems”