Drone Incident

UAV's, drivers, builders and the regulations.
Gonsky
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Drone Incident

Postby Gonsky » Fri Feb 16 2018, 07:25

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... vestigated

Not good, laws have to change ASAP.

Regards,
'Mankind has a perfect record in aviation - we have never left one up there!'
FerrariFlyer
4th Dan
4th Dan

Re: Drone Incident

Postby FerrariFlyer » Fri Feb 16 2018, 07:48

It’s not possible. The CASA risk assessment said it’s virtually no risk for operations here in Australia. Therefore no need to do anything. Just carry on. Nothing to see here. Everything is ‘Bon’.
mdav
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby mdav » Fri Feb 16 2018, 12:36

Seriously a Instructor and student took evasive action to avoid a collision, and the tail of the helicopter hit a tree, triggering a crash landing. Yeah drone is 100% to blame here give me a break, there are so many other questions to ask here. Agreed there are some idiots out there pilots and drone operators alike and you can’t outlaw those idiots no hard you try. For the drone haters get used to it, this is the future. For the drone pilots and I’m talking about the non commercial guys as there the risk group know the rules and for C@$A how about spend some of our hard earned money you take and put more of it into policing it.
Gonsky
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Gonsky » Fri Feb 16 2018, 12:57

It is very easy to stop drones, firstly you ban them from being sold. Pretty simple.

Now for commercial operators they would simply have to use approved CACS (Command & Control Systems) that have inbuilt geo fencing, no fly zones and altitude limits.

Huge fines for non compliance, was recently in Mallorca on a large UAS project and the complete lack of stupid little quads everywhere was great, simply because of huge fines in Spain ranging from 300 to +200K plus euro.

https://www.mariscal-abogados.com/fligh ... -in-spain/

Stops imbeciles rather quickly.

Regards,
'Mankind has a perfect record in aviation - we have never left one up there!'
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby hand in pants » Fri Feb 16 2018, 22:39

"It is very easy to stop drones, firstly you ban them from being sold. Pretty simple."

Sorry mate, never work. Way, way too many out there now. Who would have the balls to ban them anyway, no one here. So not that easy.
As for commercial operators, there are plenty of them at the moment now too. And don't tell me they ALL operate within the law...............................

And trying to stop the " imbeciles", very hard to do. Because they are imbeciles it's hard to get through to them.
Hand in Pants, I'm thinking, my god, that IS huge!!!!!!!!

Return to “Unmanned Aircraft Systems”