Postby Helipat2626 » Wed Apr 11 2018, 13:14

Which operators currently can issue a flight instructor
Gas turbine training endorsement?
Capt Pingpong
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: Gas turbine training endorsements

Postby Capt Pingpong » Thu Apr 12 2018, 09:28

Would be interesting to see what's involved in a Gas Turbine Training Endorsement as CASA didn't know when asked.......... :x
_chopper
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby _chopper » Thu Apr 12 2018, 23:00

Capt Pingpong wrote:Would be interesting to see what's involved in a Gas Turbine Training Endorsement as CASA didn't know when asked.......... :x

Here's how to position your hand so you can shut down the start if the student f@*%s it up. Any questions? good. Hand me your license so I can sign it.
Blade
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Blade » Thu Apr 12 2018, 23:23

Just been through this with CASA. If you received your instructor ticket then it should have been added at that point as a design feature- BUT you would have needed some design feature on your licence at that point(Floats or GTE)
If not and you were endorsed post, then you will need to see a flight examiner that can do instructor tickets. They are the only ones that can add it. As for the "what subject matter", you are going to get DF on your instructor rating not GTE or Floats so the material would be the same as your original (MOS Schedule 2, DEF4/DEF9)
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby hand in pants » Fri Apr 13 2018, 23:51

So in other words, typical of the morons who wrote part 61. Come up with things the industry doesn't need, make them mandatory but don't have any way to comply with them.

How smart are they? Oh, but there are doctors and lawyers and a few school teachers on the board that says this is the way to do it.
No working knowledge of the industry at all. And we let it happen.
Hand in Pants, I'm thinking, my god, that IS huge!!!!!!!!

Return to “Advanced Training”