ATPL(H) Human Factors

Endosements, Ratings and Certificates.
torquenut
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

ATPL(H) Human Factors

Postby torquenut » Sat Nov 1 2008, 06:41

HI everyone, got Human Factors coming up for the ATPL. Have used the AFT notes and seem to have a good handle of the information in them. A friend did it a while back and thought he would breeze through but only just passed. Anyone have any tips for this exam??
Cheers.
tomp

Re: ATPL(H) Human Factors

Postby tomp » Sat Nov 1 2008, 07:21

Bob Tate! :D
JT
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby JT » Sat Nov 1 2008, 12:41

Brush up on your CPL HUF as it is very similar, although there is a decent portion of questions mainly focusing on Multi-Crew operations
and communication including the cockpit gradient. I had a bunch of questions on the Ear, inner, eustachian Tube etc. etc.
Pretty easy going but not to be underestimated. Everyone says it's the easiest exam yet I haven't heard of many people getting
100%...... because everyone underestimates it. Good luck.
JT
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby JT » Sat Nov 1 2008, 12:43

P.S, forgot to mention if you do all the practice exams and exercise questions from the AFT notes, which also include the bob tait notes.... then you can get
through most of the exam if not all of it by question recognition. So i reckon a good tip is to just nail and repeat all the practice questions until you know them back to front.
Low Time
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Low Time » Tue Nov 4 2008, 00:33

I echo JT's posts, if you study your AFT notes and are passing the prac exams you will pass the actual CASA exam. The only problem I had was remebering everyting in the note. So it was read and read and read some more. It works tho I passed. :D

Capt "Wot's this Button Do?" LT

**^**
The Voices Are Back: 'Excellent!!'
torquenut
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby torquenut » Tue Nov 4 2008, 02:29

Thanks for the info guys, passed the exam!...only 6 to go now!
In the actual exam, the phrasing of a few of the questions was very different to the Bob Tait / AFT notes, some were identical, and the rest were of a similar style.
For anyone planning on sitting it in the future get to know the Bob Tait/AFT notes backwards and you'll pass.
Cheers.
Drumpump
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Drumpump » Tue Nov 4 2008, 05:29

Ya ya ya, still trying to get through IREX!
Twistgrip
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Twistgrip » Tue Mar 17 2009, 10:39

Thanks for the info guys!

i just got my ATPL Kit last week so 7 to go!, and have started on HUF first, about half way through the notes. seem to be going ok with the prac exams in the notes themselves but ill start trying the AFT exams once finnished all that reading! ive got my exam booked for early next month
I did my commercial exam back in early 97 and my Irex just last year so it was hard to get into the books with the irex after so many years, but i am enjoying the ATPL study and the challenge ahead!!......just goto keep thinking of the goal at the end!!

good luck to all ATPL guys!!

BT :D
"You can watch things happen, you can make things happen or you can wonder what happened"
helothere
Sensei
Sensei

Postby helothere » Wed Mar 18 2009, 10:02

Good to see twisty. I'm really happy to see someone of your stature aiming to further your knowledge. All the best with your studies. If you have the time, I HIGHLY recommend the classes for the 4 "hard" subjects, it's great to get through them all in 6 weeks.
Twistgrip
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Twistgrip » Wed Mar 18 2009, 11:15

Thankyou Sensei!

I am planning to do the harder ones up there on an individual basis......ill see how time permits, nonetheless it will be a challenge im looking forward to acomplishing!......actually studying a few hours of a night gets me out of doing the dishes hahaha, but dont tell the missus! :shock:

thanks agian!
"You can watch things happen, you can make things happen or you can wonder what happened"
Twistgrip
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Twistgrip » Wed Jun 24 2009, 08:02

Hi Pumpkins!

For those not completefd the ATP HUF exam there is a new syllabus item being incorporated in the exam as of 1/7/09 i beleive

Follow CA$A link

http://www.casa.gov.au/scripts/nc.dll?WCMS:STANDARD::pc=PC_90084
Desertflyer
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Desertflyer » Fri Jun 26 2009, 02:56

The new syllabus items are also being incorporated in the CPL exam. The exam time is being extended to 75 mins and the fee is going up by $11.00 (but of course). The total number of questions will be increased by around 10 to 15 questions up to a possible 45 in total.

They are basing the new Threat and Error Management questions on chapter 11 of Aviation Theory Centre's - "Human Being Pilot - Human Factors for Aviation Professionals" and on CAAP 5.59-1(0) - Teaching and Assessing Single-Pilot Human Factors and Threat and Error Management.
Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."
Blade Puppeteer
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Blade Puppeteer » Thu Jan 16 2014, 07:20

[quote="The total number of questions will be increased by around 10 to 15 questions up to a possible 45 in total.
.[/quote]

That just means you can get more wrong :wink:
Hooroo

Return to “Advanced Training”