IFR

Endosements, Ratings and Certificates.
HeLiAGnz
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

IFR

Postby HeLiAGnz » Sun Feb 1 2015, 23:20

Hi guys

Does anyone know what the details are on doing your ppl fixed wing , and then the IFR training and converting it to helicopter. Is it only another flight test you have to do ? . I understand that it is only single engine IFR, can it also be done in a twin ?

Cheers
ChicoCheco
1st Dan
1st Dan

Re: IFR

Postby ChicoCheco » Sun Feb 1 2015, 23:56

You can do single engine instrument in Oz as well, although the big schools push for twin IFR, aka MECIR. Makes more sense for airline wannabes, but obviously depends on desires.

The FW credit for minimum total flight training towards ANY heli IFR (twin or single) is regardless of twin or single. I don't have all the regs in head right now, but doubt it'd be too much use flying twin fw just for the sake of twin heli. Different skill sets, requirements, costs.

You will not save much. Also, simulator credit depends on how advanced it is.

There is thread about heli IFR training provides, less than half year ago or so, if you search for it, on B/S.
kiwiflyer
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby kiwiflyer » Mon Feb 2 2015, 00:26

You can cross credit FW time across to the RW IFR rating.
You still have to do a minimum of 10hrs in a helicopter SE or ME.
SE is pretty much a waste of time as most IFR Heli is ME.
However it my be more economic to do SE IFR then do MECIR you would have to talk to training providers to work out details.
The PPL FW IFR rating is a good way to get a rating and then keep current and the renewals ticking over for a fraction of the price of the RW.
Depending on the company's some look very favourably on the FW IFR renewals.
HeLiAGnz
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby HeLiAGnz » Thu Feb 5 2015, 22:41

kiwiflyer wrote:You can cross credit FW time across to the RW IFR rating.
You still have to do a minimum of 10hrs in a helicopter SE or ME.
SE is pretty much a waste of time as most IFR Heli is ME.
However it my be more economic to do SE IFR then do MECIR you would have to talk to training providers to work out details.
The PPL FW IFR rating is a good way to get a rating and then keep current and the renewals ticking over for a fraction of the price of the RW.
Depending on the company's some look very favourably on the FW IFR renewals.

Ok cool thanks for the help

Return to “Advanced Training”