Turbine endorsement USA Australia

Endosements, Ratings and Certificates.
LeonRohs

Turbine endorsement USA Australia

Postby LeonRohs » Sat Apr 18 2015, 02:05

G'day,
About to finish helicopter CPL and have a trip planned to the States. Was thinking I may use the opportunity to do a bit of training over there. Maybe get a turbine endorsement. Has anyone got any advice as to training on an Australian CPL in the USA and then transferring it back when I get back??

Also recommendations or good experiences with training over there?

Cheers
havick
4th Dan
4th Dan

Re: Turbine endorsement USA Australia

Postby havick » Sat Apr 18 2015, 09:09

Look into the TSA requirements of training in the USA before you get too excited.
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."
ChicoCheco
1st Dan
1st Dan

Re: Turbine endorsement USA Australia

Postby ChicoCheco » Sat Apr 18 2015, 10:25

Use thee CASA form from the list that has the foreign training to be put on CASA licence. 61-4E
Get that filled/signed by the place you do your couple hours.
Plus plenty cert true copies etc.

No, TSA is for initial, twin or instrument. OR heavy stuff type ratings. His main purpose isn't even training/fulltime/towards FAA cert to raise any issues regarding non-tourist visa.

Unless he finds place to fly heavy twin over 12500lbs (TR in FAA) to put on FAA validation of his CASA ticket, then it'd be different and I highly doubt it.

It's not that worth doing Jetty flying in US, but MD500, R66 or Squirrel can be flown in US at much less than here or NZ. Current AUD/USD isn't favourable, though. I also heard (surprise surprise) from pilot friend who used to instruct in Australia that some companies may frown on on foreign turbine training. No comment.

Return to “Advanced Training”