How to get a UAV Controller Certificate

Endosements, Ratings and Certificates.
SuperSix1
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

How to get a UAV Controller Certificate

Postby SuperSix1 » Thu Apr 30 2015, 12:21

If you have a PPL or higher, you can get your CASA issued UAV Controller Certificate with just one day of drone tech training. It is a good backup to your regular flying career, way better than real-estate if your DAME gives you the bad news. Courses are run all over the country by ATPL qualified UAV instructors. PM me if you want details...
mdav
1st Dan
1st Dan

Re: How to get a UAV Controller Certificate

Postby mdav » Fri May 1 2015, 10:27

I assume your offering RPAS training am I right. That limits the person to a under 7kg UAV I believe.
SuperSix1
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby SuperSix1 » Fri May 1 2015, 11:14

Nope, you get the weight category of the heaviest type you do manufacturer training on. I did DJI S1000 so my UAV Controller Certificate clears me up to 20kg UAVs. I have negotiated with a CASA approved training provider to be able to deliver training in just over half a day to already qualified pilots. We are a market UAV schools are not really interested in, they want no aviation experience guys who need to sit a whole week course and pay many thousands for it. I fly out of Sydney and recently a heap of my peers have wanted the few hours manufacturer training so they can get their UAV Controller Certificates, so I just thought I'd offer it to the wider Slapper community... If you work a time on / off roster, it is a bit of fun doing a few UAV jobs whilst the Mrs is at work and kids at school. I did a strawberry farm yesterday, bit of pocket money, at least enough to support my UAV habit!
Worzel_Gummidge
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Worzel_Gummidge » Mon May 4 2015, 01:22

Getting the Controllers Certificate is the easy part. You still have to get CASA approval for commercial work and that takes time and costs a few thousand bucks by the time you sort out all the paperwork, procedures, etc and then submit an operations manual to CASA. I think the current wait time for an Ops Manual approval is around three months!
SuperSix1
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby SuperSix1 » Mon May 4 2015, 03:13

4 paths here Worzel, get your own UOC (an AOC for UAVs), work for someone with an existing UOC, work under an agreement with an existing UOC holder, or best, get together with a few mates and get a Company UOC you can all work under.

I am running manufacturer training at Penrith Golf Club Wednesday 13th May. $550. PM me, or email dc@dronecommander.com.au
SuperSix1
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby SuperSix1 » Mon May 4 2015, 05:46

For those of you wanting course details, I have updated this information at dronecommander.com.au

You can book and pay through that website also.

Return to “Advanced Training”