Outstanding bit of flying

General stuff that gets thrown about when Helicopter Pilots shoot the Breeze.
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Outstanding bit of flying

Postby hand in pants » Sun May 14 2017, 09:32

Great news for the industry. You can land at Macca's for a feed now.

Saw it on the news.

I try hard not to be negative about the industry but when things like this happen, well, I just don't know how to look at it as a positive thing.

Work is hard enough to find without (and I'd love to be blunt but won't) "people" doing this kind of thing. In this day and age with everybody taking pictures/video of every bloody thing out of the ordinary as well as everything ordinary why would you do something this stupid. And in saying it was stupid, I'm being so polite I want to vomit. Getting permission from councils to land anywhere within the greater Sydney area is hard enough without clowns just dropping into macca's for a fat snack. Now it will be just that bit harder.

This bit of stupidity wasn't a brain fart it was something else as there was no evidence of a brain.

Wake up gentlemen, part 61 and 48 are ruining the industry, it doesn't need your help.
Hand in Pants, I'm thinking, my god, that IS huge!!!!!!!!
godfather007
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Re: Outstanding bit of flying

Postby godfather007 » Sun May 14 2017, 10:53

HIP.
Yep I'm on the same page.
But in saying so, Ronald McDonald makes a great meal, be it a fatty Angus, lumpy
Mc chicken, floor scraped chicken nuggets, cockroach infested sunday and cookies all with a extremely watered down soft drink. It is pretty hard to pass up when you are flying over smelling the fumes along with a sense of self entiltement.
Hopefully the PIC has all the paperwork tight.
On top, I hope ch9 follow up the story with a positive outcome rather that the usual shock, doom and gloom,
There is always an option.
Rebuilder
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Rebuilder » Sun May 14 2017, 11:19

do u recon he had the chips between his knees and was eating them as he was leaving???
Coz that's how i drive my car out from maccas.
I think there is more to this video than we know about.
Perhaps CEO of some land development company that owns the land or something like that?
Jabberwocky
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Jabberwocky » Sun May 14 2017, 12:27

Surey the guy who was in the shop wasn't the pilot. And godfather, nothing helps a hangover more than that special water downed coke mix.
arrrj
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby arrrj » Sun May 14 2017, 23:24

Yes, my daughter just sent me a video of this. She lives in London !

My response was that I thought it was stupid. Not the flying, just where it was.

Sure, you can do that stuff outside Sydney (with permissions), but to do it in Sydney "we hate helicopters", is just not helpful. Even with permission.

He probably had permission, but he now has to deal with a whole bunch of questions from Casa...that's going to make him feel more sick than the food.

If it didn't negatively impact us all that fly in Sydney, it would be sort of amusing.

Arrrj

PS _ like the guy who posted a video of himself dropping his kids into a dam on his property, hanging from the skids. He lost his licence, helicopter and about $300k in legals...does not seem worthwhile, does it.
120dreaming
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby 120dreaming » Sun May 14 2017, 23:53

"He lost his licence, helicopter and about $300k in legals"

how was his helicopter lost?
Rebuilder
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Rebuilder » Mon May 15 2017, 01:37

probably had to sell it to pay the legal fees haha
arrrj
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby arrrj » Mon May 15 2017, 02:04

Apologies. Poor English. Perhaps "lost" the use of it would have been more appropriate text ?...you could presume to help pay the bills.

PS _ the Maccas landing is disgraceful "beat-up" reporting from Channel 9. Really, that's big news ? And really, the first people the public called when "shocked" was Channel 9 ?
zzodr
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby zzodr » Tue May 16 2017, 01:29

I'm sure the pilot conducted a proper low level recon before going to Maccas didn't he? :roll:
Only takes one missed wire or a tarp laying around flicking up through your rotor disc to ruin everything.
Airthrush

Postby Airthrush » Thu May 18 2017, 01:57

Well the only concern I have is the lack of crowd control, and being Macca's, also knowing Kids. There was nothing to stop Kids, (including BIG Kids) from walking near the Aircraft. Bike path to the rear, and a busy road.

Permission or not, just a little reckless.

Return to “On the Job”