To fly helicopters or not to fly helicopters....

General stuff that gets thrown about when Helicopter Pilots shoot the Breeze.
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Re: To fly helicopters or not to fly helicopters....

Postby hand in pants » Sun Aug 19 2018, 02:56

FFS, will you STOP winding up wentsky. Keep it up and the next thing flewhuey will be coming back with half page drivel posts.
Hand in Pants, I'm thinking, my god, that IS huge!!!!!!!!
Gonsky
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Gonsky » Sun Aug 19 2018, 05:40

Mallard the numbers came from my brokers in the US, I have been looking at the sector for the last few months in regards to some trading.

Your question is interesting and I will try and get some further clarification regarding cost breakdown.

This is another doc just off the web early 2017 regarding the industry and some cost simple structures and outlines.

https://www.icao.int/MID/Documents/2017 ... tivity.pdf

Regards,
'Mankind has a perfect record in aviation - we have never left one up there!'
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby hand in pants » Sun Aug 19 2018, 06:05

See.

I told you.

More drivel about the plank industry.
Hand in Pants, I'm thinking, my god, that IS huge!!!!!!!!
Gonsky
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Gonsky » Mon Aug 20 2018, 21:31

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... st-targets

The corporate sector is also a big driver in the industry.

Regards,
'Mankind has a perfect record in aviation - we have never left one up there!'
flyhuey
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby flyhuey » Wed Aug 22 2018, 09:32

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=216
hand in pants wrote:
More drivel about the plank industry.

Keep it up and the next thing flewhuey will be coming back with half page drivel posts.

I'll bite. Just because I cannot stand real Aviation-industry “gents”. So, here is some drival for you Hand-n-pants . . .

I became dual rated BECAUSE, when the helicopter industry was quiet, where I got my start, I flew aeroplanes (or fixed-wing) to put bread on the table.

When there were massive furloughs (redundancies) in the airline industry, it had a trickle down effect and jobs got harder to get flying aeroplanes, so I went back to fly helicopters . . . AND, there were times I flew both, during the same day. In fact, when I was a Charter Pilot, I was certified to fly 13 different aircraft, at the same time. Thirteen! I may have flown two or three during the same day, for two different Charter Operators.

Imagine starting my Aviation career flying the TH-55 (Hughes 269), during Army flight training and progressing to flying IFR Multi-engine helicopters such as the AS355, BH222B and BK-117, earning an ATPL with a Citation jet Type Rating, only little more than 3 years after graduating Army flight training and then earning an IFR ATPL for Single and Multi-engine Helicopters less than 12 months later, and then becoming an Instrument Flight Examiner at the 4th busiest airport in the world and then flew a civil tandem rotor helicopter, as well. The guy who checked me out lost his life, later, flying the same type helicopter.

Imagine starting my aeroplane (fixed-wing) career receiving flying instruction in a Cessna 150 after flying an Army Bell Huey all day and progressing all the way to fly as a Captain of a Boeing 747-400 transport-category jumbo jet, 20 years after graduating Army flight training.

I never passed up an opportunity to progress, get another rating or licence, such as single and multi-engine Commercial Seaplane just to prove I could do it or learn to fly a new or different aircraft and, after I achieved everything I set out to in helicopters and aeroplanes, I decided to earn an Aircraft Mechanic Licence, thinking it would make me a better pilot. I coveted the Aircraft Mechanic Licence more than the ATPL Fewer than 2% of the pilot population, licenced by the FAA, achieved the same . . . statistically-speaking . . . AND, I am guessing that number would be even smaller in Australia.

I earned an ATPL, in Oz 22 years after my first ATPL and hold ATPL from seven countries and served as Captain for Boeing 737-700, 737-800, 747-200, 747-300, and 747-400 aircraft.

Hand-n-pants tell us what have you achieved, by comparison? You're so full of snide remarks, just pure Tall Poppy Syndrome and jealousy. IF you could keep your hand out of your pants you might actually achieve something in Aviation. Imagine a turd, like me, someone you conspicuously loathe, though you don't know me or never flew with me, achieving the highest credentials in both helicopters and aeroplanes. How? I will let you in on a secret. I am different from you. Bet on it.

For the others who actually wonder should you fly helicopters or not or transition to aeroplanes . . . Go for it. Be all you can be. Never take "No" for an answer. You will encounter plenty of jealous bastards and knockers and backstabbers and pilots who gossip like a bunch of old ladies sipping tea in a parlour during your Aviation career, sidestep them, change companies if necessary, don't be discouraged. And, never compromise your professionalism. Do whatever it takes to protect your Pilot Licence. Keep learning, studying, and asking questions. I wanted to be the best. I know in my heart I did my best and gave my career 101%.

What will you achieve? How far will you go in your career? It is up to you.

End of Drival

Slight edit by mod to remove some name calling.
Evil Twin
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Evil Twin » Wed Aug 22 2018, 11:52

Oh here we go again... "You must respect me for what I have done and the multitude of rating and licences I have" I wouldn't care if you were the training captain for the starship enterprise, the way you shove it down peoples throats shows the kind of person you are. FFS give it a rest, go take a CRM course, times have changed!
bangequalsbad
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby bangequalsbad » Wed Aug 22 2018, 11:54

Oh angry old Prince of self-inflation. We've missed you.

You forgot to mention you passed the China ATPL on your first attempt and it hadn't been fully translated to english yet!

And reply to your PM's.

Return to “On the Job”