Helicopter Immersion/Survival Suit Recommendation

General stuff that gets thrown about when Helicopter Pilots shoot the Breeze.
Helidigger

Helicopter Immersion/Survival Suit Recommendation

Postby Helidigger » Thu Apr 25 2019, 21:18

Hi All,

We are needing to purchase helicopter immersion/survival suits for a job and would like recommendations.

The job is external load work over the water (very cold water) the pilot will be leaning out the door while lifting, we do require immersion/survival suits but we want some that are not to bulky and easy to move around in. Any recommendations?
Skeeter
1st Dan
1st Dan

Re: Helicopter Immersion/Survival Suit Recommendation

Postby Skeeter » Fri Apr 26 2019, 09:11

We do a lot of hoisting offshore and use the Viking You Safe ACE. It is reasonable comfortable. Saying that, it’s the only immersion suit I have ever worn so have nothing to compare with.
havick
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby havick » Fri Apr 26 2019, 22:32

Have a look at mustang suits
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."
USDOJ-AW189HEMS

Postby USDOJ-AW189HEMS » Sun Apr 28 2019, 05:02

I am the Senior Director and Chief Flight Nurse Practitioner for the United States Department of Justice. At USDOJ HEMS we have twenty (20) AW189s at ten (10) bases spread across the USA configured for Law Enforcement, SAR & HEMS. We ONLY use Viking HELICOPTER PILOT SUIT - YOUSAFE™ ACE (ETSO) Prod. No.: PS4043 (https://www.viking-life.com/en/aviation ... eral-sizes). It is the ONLY Survival/Immersion suit on the market specifically designed for pilots and aircrew members made with Nomex & Gore-Tex. It is also used by our colleagues at the United States Coast Guard, and all United States military branches (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines) for rotary wing pilots.

Return to “On the Job”