Nice little unit.

Regards,
'Mankind has a perfect record in aviation - we have never left one up there!'
Yankee
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Re: ADS-B weather and traffic

Postby Yankee » Wed Jul 19 2017, 02:39

Yes. Nice for ADS-B in, but ADS-B out costs bazilions ... Unless the regulators start accepting cheap versions that are not TSO'd (which they won't) then prepare to bend over.
Don't think of yourself as and ugly person. Think of yourself as a beautiful monkey.
Eastwoodblade
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Eastwoodblade » Wed Jul 19 2017, 04:07

It seems to be a nice package particularly around the inclusion of a great digital flight log. My question, how dows this compare with OZ runways? Cloud storage worries me as I fly remote + you are bonded to to the set-up once you input all you data.
Rotary as in not the Wankel engine...
Mallard
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Mallard » Wed Jul 19 2017, 08:32

Garmin pilot (ipad and android) with the GDL-39 bluetooth receiver is able to receive ADS-B traffic and weather and overlay on moving map. Been available in OZ for a couple of months now.

ADS-B weather requires some hardware infrastructure on the ground which they have in the states... would be nice to have but AsA is busy ripping out all their ground infrastructure so not going to happen in OZ anytime soon.

:x
JT
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby JT » Thu Jul 20 2017, 11:02

We have "ADS-B IN" on the 787, it's a neat feature and great for high density traffic environments & enhancing situational awareness overall in any phase of flight.

I imagine something like this would be great for the guys on fires or any other environment where you've got multiple aircraft working on the same task in the area.

https://www.rockwellcollins.com/-/media/Files/rc2016/marketing/A/ADS-B_Out/ADS-B_Out_Overview_Brochure.ashx
Gonsky
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Gonsky » Thu Jul 20 2017, 11:11

'Mankind has a perfect record in aviation - we have never left one up there!'

Return to “Equipment”