Log 10 Pro - looking for an alternative

Gizmos and gear used in Helicopter Op's
bop

Log 10 Pro - looking for an alternative

Postby bop » Wed Dec 19 2018, 20:19

Morning,

Have just received my subscription renewal for Log 10 Pro (electronic logbook). I've used the service for many years now and as much as I like the platform, the ever increasing annual fee now of $139 is just too much. I'm sure only a few of subscriptions ago you could buy three years for that price.

Anyone able to share any alternatives as to what electronic logbook they might be using, the $$ value and just as important, something I can migrate my logbook data across to from Log 10 pro.

Thanks....
Icefather
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: Log 10 Pro - looking for an alternative

Postby Icefather » Wed Dec 19 2018, 20:35

bop,

I just use an excel spreadsheet sheet I made. It works perfectly fine am currently working on an update to incorporate aircraft subtypes.
Totals and summarises flight time and spilts it per aircraft type and also offers 90 day currency on type as well.

Pm if you’d like a copy
Footprint Productions
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Footprint Productions » Wed Dec 19 2018, 20:52

Hey,

I was in the same boat as you and switch to https://excelpilotlogbook.com it's $50 and is CASA approved for use with my AOC.

I didn't bother migrating data, I just printed the old logbook, had it bound (required by CASA I was told) and move the totals into the first line on the Excel one.

I also customised it by hiding all the IFR and Multi engine coloums.

Lastly, one thing I found is duty time need to be entered as 06:30:00 (as an example for 6.5 hours) otherwise it doesn't add up correctly.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Matt
Helical
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Helical » Thu Dec 20 2018, 10:35

This is a free one with Android and iOS apps.

https://myflightbook.com/logbook/Default.aspx
Zabar
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Zabar » Thu Dec 20 2018, 11:19

Bop, myself and several colleagues use Safelog by Dauntless Software. I have been using it for about 8 years and find it very powerful yet quick and easy to use. Available web based as well as iPhone and Android apps. A five year licence is about USD $135. They also have a transition service to help you migrate your data from LogTen Pro. Click here: http://www.safelogweb.com/PilotTellAPil ... Rlcj10cnVl (or send me a PM) for a link to a signup bonus page to extend your subscription if you buy one.
havick
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby havick » Thu Dec 20 2018, 13:00

MCC pilot logbook. It’s about $80, one off.
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."
bop

Postby bop » Tue Jan 8 2019, 05:41

Thanks all,

Will check those options out.

Cheers

Return to “Equipment”