Required aeronautical experience for the issue of a rating

Endosements, Ratings and Certificates.
Skeeter
1st Dan
1st Dan

Required aeronautical experience for the issue of a rating

Postby Skeeter » Sat Jun 29 2013, 05:43

I need some help in understanding the regulations:

Do the (for example) 10h of flight time at night someone need to have to get a night VFR rating (CAO 40.2.2 Appendix 1 - 1.1 Aeronautical experience)
need to be flown in Australia?
Or in other words:
If I have a night VFR rating / IR rating overseas and want to convert it to an Australian one, do the hours I have flown overseas count towards it and I only need to sit the exam and a flight test?
(There is no form anymore to convert a NVFR or IR rating or I cant find it)

Thanks
airportmotel
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: Required aeronautical experience for the issue of a rati

Postby airportmotel » Sat Jun 29 2013, 09:24

Your Night hours overseas will count towards your night rating , however I dont think there will be a flying school that will just allow you to sit the test, the rules are completely different from the US and europe - however the flying at night may be the same depending on the location ....
Skeeter
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Skeeter » Sat Jun 29 2013, 09:51

Thanks!
I do not plan to do the test straight away but I see no reason to fly the whole hours.
Of course, I am not talking about skipping the theory.
low-g
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby low-g » Sat Jun 29 2013, 11:04

Skeeter.... the 10hrs night is made up of certain syllabus requirements....Dual/ general/Nav/ under the hood etc etc... if any of those are missing in your previous experience then they need to be added, if you have all the requirements they will then simply do a standards or pre licence flight and put you up for the test.
Technically if you meet all the requirements then yes you could just do the test straight away if your current and confident.
Skeeter
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Skeeter » Sat Jun 29 2013, 12:13

The legal requirements and the proficiency requirements are two different things! :wink:
I wasn`t in the seat for quite a while so there will be some training before the test.

Thank you!
Skeeter
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Skeeter » Mon Jul 1 2013, 06:30

What would you say about the 3 or 5 hour requirement for an turbine / multiengine endorsement. (CAO 40.3.0 App II)

CASA did not convert my endorsement, because it is not on the Australian register.
Do I need to fly 3 or 5 hours to get my first turbine / multiengine endorsement on the Australian licence? (Reference?)
The CAO doesn`t say anything about the requirement, that this endorsement has to be on the Australian licence.
On the other hand it is Australian law so I would not expect that it has to say all the time "in Australia" etc. :?

Thanks!
airportmotel
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby airportmotel » Tue Jul 2 2013, 02:18

Skeeter,

So I can help further, what licence are you transfering your type ratings and night hours from is it an ICAO licence ?.

List down your NVFR hours from your training there is no solo component on Helicopter, so all dual .......Nav , Circ and Basic instrument time

For your turbine ......list you type rating your trying to get across on your Australian licence, the CAO lists all the A/C type CASA will piggy back across.

Same again for your multiengine type rating , then I will help you along........
Skeeter
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Skeeter » Tue Jul 2 2013, 15:02

PM sent

Return to “Advanced Training”