Senate Enquiry into CASA

Got a gripe, suggestion or praise about our regulator? Do it here. Who knows, you might make a difference...
CyclicH145
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Senate Enquiry into CASA

Postby CyclicH145 » Mon Mar 2 2020, 13:18

In case you're unaware, the Senate Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport Legislation Committee will inquire into and report on the current state of Australia's general aviation industry, with particular reference to aviation in rural, regional and remote Australia.

The committee will consider the operation and effectiveness of the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) and other relevant aviation agencies, with particular reference to:

the legislative and regulatory framework underpinning CASA's aviation safety management functions, including:
the application of the Civil Aviation Act 1988 and the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998 to Australia's aviation sector, and whether the legislation is fit for purpose;
the safety and economic impacts, and relative risks, of CASA's aviation safety frameworks; and
the engagement of CASA with other relevant Australian Government agencies;
the immediate and long-term social and economic impacts of CASA decisions on small businesses, agricultural operations and individuals across regional, rural and remote Australia;
CASA's processes and functions, including:
its maintenance of an efficient and sustainable Australian aviation industry, including viable general aviation and training sectors;
the efficacy of its engagement with the aviation sector, including via public consultation; and
its ability to broaden accessibility to regional aviation across Australia, considering the associated benefits of an expanded aviation sector; and
any related matters.

The committee will present its interim report on or before the final sitting day of December 2020, and will present its final report on or before the final sitting day of November 2021.

Make your submissions via this link - https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Bu ... alAviation
godfather007
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Re: Senate Enquiry into CASA

Postby godfather007 » Mon Mar 2 2020, 18:41

Very interesting.
Thanks for the info!
There is always an option.
CyclicH145
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby CyclicH145 » Mon Mar 2 2020, 21:11

godfather007 wrote:Very interesting.
Thanks for the info!

No worries. It’s now everyone’s chance to give their feedback!
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby hand in pants » Tue Mar 3 2020, 09:37

Most of my feedback is in relation to the idiots at the top. The morons who are writing the rules and the brain-deads approving them without consultation with the industry.

All of those at the top should be turfed out on their arse and be replaced with people who have practical industry knowledge, pilots, engineers, operations managers, not shiny arses, lawyers, academics or bureaucrats.
Hand in Pants, I'm thinking, my god, that IS huge!!!!!!!!
CyclicH145
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby CyclicH145 » Tue Mar 3 2020, 09:48

hand in pants wrote:Most of my feedback is in relation to the idiots at the top. The morons who are writing the rules and the brain-deads approving them without consultation with the industry.

All of those at the top should be turfed out on their arse and be replaced with people who have practical industry knowledge, pilots, engineers, operations managers, not shiny arses, lawyers, academics or bureaucrats.

How’s your chance mate!
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby hand in pants » Wed Mar 4 2020, 02:00

I'd love to be the boss of caa. I'd last about two minutes because I'd offend all of the trendys just before I sacked the lot. Replace them with actual aviation experienced people then sit back and watch the industry improve.
Hand in Pants, I'm thinking, my god, that IS huge!!!!!!!!
bladepitch
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby bladepitch » Wed Mar 4 2020, 20:46

I may be pessimistic but This will lead to minimal change if any.. no one will get sacked..nothing to see here, business as usual..

Our Government at work..

Sad but true...
CyclicH145
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby CyclicH145 » Wed Mar 4 2020, 22:45

C’mon folks! If there was ever an opportunity to fix something that’s being reviewed by an independent body now is the time. Only 7 submissions so far! Everyone must have ideas on how GA can be fixed. Whether it’s licensing, mustering, engineering, training, examinations you are the voice. Use it
Evil Twin
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Evil Twin » Sun Mar 8 2020, 08:48

So if the AHIA is working for Australian Aviation as they purport why is it that the AHIA has not posted this information and put out additional information and or guidance? This is precisely the reason I will never be a member of the AHIA as it has achieved very little if anything in representing rotary aviation in Australia!

Well done CyclicH145 I will be making a submission to the senate enquiry and now I have a few days off I will be devoting some time to it. "At no cost to industry" Pah!
CyclicH145
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby CyclicH145 » Sun Mar 8 2020, 09:52

Evil Twin wrote:So if the AHIA is working for Australian Aviation as they purport why is it that the AHIA has not posted this information and put out additional information and or guidance? This is precisely the reason I will never be a member of the AHIA as it has achieved very little if anything in representing rotary aviation in Australia!

Well done CyclicH145 I will be making a submission to the senate enquiry and now I have a few days off I will be devoting some time to it. "At no cost to industry" Pah!

Yes, thats a great question
CyclicH145
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby CyclicH145 » Sun Mar 8 2020, 09:55

with 1464 views......lets aim for 50% of you to start tapping out some words on a word document eh!

Return to “CASA”