OzRunways Weight and Balance

Upload or Download weight & balance sheets
homersimpson
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

OzRunways Weight and Balance

Postby homersimpson » Sun Feb 9 2020, 04:04

Hi all,
Anybody here use the weight and balance feature on OzRunways?
I’m wondering if there are templates I can upload or how to make my own. The youtube video they have up didn’t help me. I’m not clever enough.
Airspace

Re: OzRunways Weight and Balance

Postby Airspace » Mon Feb 10 2020, 01:59

G'day Homer,
PM sent. Happy to help anyone with questions about EFB and OzRunways. For W&B it depends on the complexity of the aircraft and transferring POH information across accurately. Easier said than done with larger airframes/non-linear fuel-burns. On a side note it's possible to get W&B calcs legalised through the App by gaining the approval of a Weight Control Officer when operating as part of a company EFB program. You just need a way of locking the Aircraft Profile and end user info so that it can't be edited.
Cheers
Airspace
Couch Monster
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Couch Monster » Thu Apr 16 2020, 13:26

Does anyone use Foreflight in Australasia yet? If so, how does it compare to OzRunways in way of variety of charts/features, etc?

I've got a subscription of Foreflight from the US, but am wondering if it's worth making the switch to OzRunways, as it's possibly more established in AU?
kiwiandy

Postby kiwiandy » Thu Apr 16 2020, 23:40

Has anyone done a comparison on OzRunways vs AvPlan EFB? would be interested in seeing the pros and cons of each.
Fill-level
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Fill-level » Fri Apr 17 2020, 00:01

It has the same functions, but ozrunways is setup for Australia conditions , just purchase a subscription to OZ
Couch Monster
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Couch Monster » Fri Apr 17 2020, 00:18

cheers. will do 8)
TreeTrimmer125
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby TreeTrimmer125 » Sat Apr 18 2020, 03:32

Couch Monster wrote:Does anyone use Foreflight in Australasia yet? If so, how does it compare to OzRunways in way of variety of charts/features, etc?

I've got a subscription of Foreflight from the US, but am wondering if it's worth making the switch to OzRunways, as it's possibly more established in AU?

In my very unimportant personal opinion, "If you know Foreflight stay with it - if you know OzRunways stay with that"

That being said, I've been with OzRunways for some time now and I love it (not a fan of the most recent changes tbh though). Its limited overseas and thats very Foreflight becomes handy. If you are deciding between the programs, I would probably go with Foreflight. I have been working internationally a fair bit and its charts are more detailed. There are a number of features that are limited to the US only such as XM Weather, not sure if you can opt out of that or whether you still have to pay for those features that don't apply to your location.

OzRunways was developed for Australia initially (correct me if I'm wrong, Ive only scratched the surface) so its charts aren't as detailed outside of the country. Still, its user friendly and cost effective and I've got by without too much of an issue thus far.

my 2 cents (c:_ol
[*]if you have never failed, you haven't tried hard enough
Couch Monster
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Couch Monster » Sat Apr 18 2020, 21:49

Rebaudet wrote:OzRunways was developed for Australia initially (correct me if I'm wrong, Ive only scratched the surface) so its charts aren't as detailed outside of the country. Still, its user friendly and cost effective and I've got by without too much of an issue thus far.

my 2 cents (c:_ol

Thanks for the insight. I think I might give OzRunways a try. It's designed for Australia, so that counts for something 8)
Chook1977

Postby Chook1977 » Sat May 2 2020, 09:21

I have both the Australian and NZ premium subscriptions for OZRunways on Android and it works and just as good in both countries with no difference to the information that it provides. I also noticed that other pilots were using OZRunways in NZ as well.
Airspace

Postby Airspace » Mon May 4 2020, 22:00

Chook1977 wrote:I have both the Australian and NZ premium subscriptions for OZRunways on Android and it works and just as good in both countries with no difference to the information that it provides. I also noticed that other pilots were using OZRunways in NZ as well.

Chook to back you up, OzRunways released Version 8.1 a little while ago with a lot more functionality for New Zealand, and are just about to release Version 8.2 to bring New Zealand functionality up to par with the app in Australia. RWY is the android version from OzRunways and it has been enhanced over time for both Aus and NZ.

Couch Monster wrote:Does anyone use Foreflight in Australasia yet? If so, how does it compare to OzRunways in way of variety of charts/features, etc?

Couch Monster sounds like you went with OzRunways which is for the best. Foreflight is not an approved data service provider in Australia under CASR 175.295. The only other Apps with this approval in Aus outside of OzRunways are AvPlan, Jeppesen FD, & Garmin Pilot (similar in New Zealand)... OzRunways & AvPlan are by far the most complete as far as Weather/Notam Briefing, Planning, and in-flight use with all the required documents and charts. Jeppesen FD is a win for those flying IFR outside of Australia/NZ for a more complete list of Instrument Approach Plates/SIDs. Garmin Pilot integrates with Garmin products but is not a complete intuitive EFB App like the 2 mentioned.
Wannabe60Driver
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Wannabe60Driver » Sun May 10 2020, 03:02

Foreflight isn’t an option in Australia/NZ yet. Today it’s a two horse race between AvPlan and Oz Runways. Both do the job and you’ll find just as many guys that love either simply because it’s the one they use.

Foreflight was acquired by Boeing and although their focus has been on expanding outside the US to Europe initially, the Oceania market is very much on their radar. They also have great functionality with Garmin and sims so expect to have a third player here soon.
CyclicH145
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby CyclicH145 » Sun Sep 6 2020, 08:03

kiwiandy wrote:Has anyone done a comparison on OzRunways vs AvPlan EFB? would be interested in seeing the pros and cons of each.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke3RphkLBNQ

Return to “Flight Planning”