What have you heard?
Rotorpilot
1st Dan
1st Dan

is this for real?

Postby Rotorpilot » Mon Sep 14 2020, 17:47

5000hrs 3500 turbine
$60000 - $80000
surely this can't be right. i get that they put it out there, and you don't have to apply, but if that is the future its no wonder there is a skills shortage.

https://helijobs.net/2020/09/repost-as3 ... australia/
Dem winds are gonna blow
angrypalmtree
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: is this for real?

Postby angrypalmtree » Mon Sep 14 2020, 22:51

It wouldn't surprise me with the current jobs market.
They might also be trying to get someone into the country for the job with those minimums and experience requirements.
homersimpson
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby homersimpson » Mon Sep 14 2020, 23:33

Palmtree might be right. I worked for a company in a different industry that used to do that to get somebody specific a work visa. List that guy’s exact experience then say there’s nobody here that can do it so need a guy from out of country.
The other requirements you didn’t mention are even more strange and the salary might be to put you off from applying.
Rotorpilot
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Rotorpilot » Tue Sep 15 2020, 03:28

homersimpson wrote:Palmtree might be right. I worked for a company in a different industry that used to do that to get somebody specific a work visa. List that guy’s exact experience then say there’s nobody here that can do it so need a guy from out of country.
The other requirements you didn’t mention are even more strange and the salary might be to put you off from applying.

Yes that is an omission on my part.
Looks to be exactly that of trying to get someone in from out of the country. can't imagine there is too many pilots that have those specific requirements, and assume that the low ball pay structure is a detirant.
But like you said in this current climate there are desperate people willing to do desperate things.
and with WA strick borader restrictions it will be a bit harder to find a local to fit this role.

would be interesting to see the out come of this ad.ie who is the pilot that fills the thos position and what nationality. at a whim im going to go for a Sth African but happy to be proven wrong.
Dem winds are gonna blow

Return to “I heard...”