UK ATPL/H to CASA ATPL/H

Looking for some info on converting to or from an Aussie Flight Crew License?
225_driver

UK ATPL/H to CASA ATPL/H

Postby 225_driver » Mon Oct 22 2012, 06:50

Hi all,

I've got a full UK ATPL/H licence and sitting my CASA conversion exams later this year.

In the UK one only needs a minimum of 100 hours PIC and 150 hours PICUS, or 250 hours PICUS (multi crew only) to upgrade to ATPL, I understand that CASA requires 450 PIC, of which 150 hours can be PICUS.

As I started my first commercial job straight onto multi crew a/c, I only have around 130 hours PIC and around 1200+ hours PICUS.

Does this mean that CASA won't issue me with a ATPL/H licence until I have flown another 170 hours pure PIC hours, and issue me with a CPL in the meantime?

Or what would happen if one has a UK ATPL/H and has a offshore command job on multi crew a/c, and converts to CASA with not the required 300 hours pure PIC...will he then only be issued with a CPL and loose his command status and can only fly as co-pilot until he has the required 300 hours pure PIC?

Cheers

225_driver
airportmotel
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: UK ATPL/H to CASA ATPL/H

Postby airportmotel » Mon Oct 22 2012, 08:25

Aeronautical experience required for an Australian ATPL H

1500 total time which includes 750 in helicopters

The 750 hours must include 450 hours Pilot in command ( may include no more than 150 hours PIC under supervision )

So in a word yes CASA will only issue you with a CPL H - until you can prove the extra 170 hours PIC time...

Yes you will be back as a Co-pilot .......Good old CASA.... I have to do 14 exams for my conversion.......

Return to “International License Conversion”