Quarantine

Good Company to work for? What do they fly? Ask here.
driftwood
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Quarantine

Postby driftwood » Sat Aug 8 2020, 08:41

Just a general interest question in regards to those touring pilots and engineers plus both travelling contract pilots and engineers.
Are you being forced into quarantine if you travel interstate or do you receive exemptions from the state you are planning on working in.
Thanks in advance.
Jimmy
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: Quarantine

Postby Jimmy » Sat Aug 8 2020, 09:15

2 weeks quarantine when you enter WA. No exemptions anymore......that I know of anyway pop;
CyclicH145
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby CyclicH145 » Sat Aug 8 2020, 09:57

driftwood wrote:Just a general interest question in regards to those touring pilots and engineers plus both travelling contract pilots and engineers.
Are you being forced into quarantine if you travel interstate or do you receive exemptions from the state you are planning on working in.
Thanks in advance.

https://www.qld.gov.au/health/condition ... strictions
Ala rotante
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Ala rotante » Sun Aug 9 2020, 05:10

That depends on the nature of the job, essential or not.
We have engineers and pilots coming in and out, they are in quarantine but with the exemption to come to work (hangar) only. They can’t stop at the shop on the way or go across the road at the neighbor hangar to Borrow a “tool”, only home and work place.
And yes, police came to check!
)c/ Old Grumpy but Handsome Man 8)
godfather007
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby godfather007 » Sun Aug 9 2020, 08:23

Good question that should be discussed freely.
But it really depends upon the state you work in and the one you live in.
Victoria, NT, SA, WA and New South Wales plus Queensland here changed to score board over the last 6 plus months as this bull crap disease travels about our country.
I have been approved then denied days later as the situation changes.
Bit of a head f()ck to say at the least.
I’m just a passenger on a ride.
We can do our best, but it is the company’s loss to play the game.
No one is being spared ATM unless quarantine is carried out. But at what cost? Not mine. My boss.
There is always an option.
skypig
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby skypig » Tue Aug 18 2020, 06:10

My friend is a senior nurse.
Talking to her recently: she said she’s “sick of people dying every shift”.
She is now diagnosed positive for Covid 19.

All the “fake pandemic” stuff is worse than the standard “brainless” “conspiracy theories”, it’s dangerous and highly offensive.
Mongrel Dog
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Mongrel Dog » Tue Aug 18 2020, 11:16

Thread tidied up to get rid of the tin foil hat nonsense. Please keep the thread on topic and stick to facts not conspiracy theories.
skypig
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby skypig » Wed Aug 19 2020, 00:01

Just got my “Good 2 Go” (G2G) pass. At only my 3rd attempt! (not counting the web failures)
If applying, detail that the isolation (if required) accomodation has cooking facilities, and proof of booking/payment.
I also included pics of drivers licence and a “letter of explanation” from employer.

Hope this helps someone.
Yakking
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Yakking » Wed Aug 19 2020, 00:38

Depends on the size of the company you're with. The larger ones are absorbing the quarantine time. The smaller companies are making pilots quarantine in their own time (but providing the accommodation).

Some States seem to apply the term "essential worker" pretty liberally (making it easier for pilots to tour).

How a pilot can be classified as "essential" when doing conducting mining exploration seems a little rich to me.
I wish I had a catchy saying like everyone else...
Wannabe60Driver
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Wannabe60Driver » Wed Aug 19 2020, 01:01

Many operators are simply doing what the airlines have been doing since the beginning. Fast-tracked test means aircrew are only stuck in a hotel for 24-48 hours and then released for work. It’s not perfect as we know you can be COVID19 positive yet not show on tests for a week or two, but it’s happening.
Friendly Black Dog
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Friendly Black Dog » Wed Aug 19 2020, 08:39

Fast tracked into WA?
skypig
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby skypig » Wed Aug 19 2020, 09:34

It’s all over the place:
Some helicopter pilots are flying straight into Perth (on the airlines), then on to Base.
I think they do some sort of “I’ll only go to work and accommodation” type of isolation. 8)

I have 14 days of strict “Hotel Quarantine” and the unpleasant testing, before flying to the WA base for work. :|
Jimmy
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Jimmy » Thu Aug 20 2020, 05:56

Wannabe60Driver wrote:Many operators are simply doing what the airlines have been doing since the beginning. Fast-tracked test means aircrew are only stuck in a hotel for 24-48 hours and then released for work. It’s not perfect as we know you can be COVID19 positive yet not show on tests for a week or two, but it’s happening.

Which state is this happening for helicopter crews?

WA were cutting people some slack and allowing travel between work and accomodation but I believe this has been tightened up now.
Twistgrip
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Twistgrip » Thu Aug 20 2020, 07:33

Jimmy wrote:
Wannabe60Driver wrote:Many operators are simply doing what the airlines have been doing since the beginning. Fast-tracked test means aircrew are only stuck in a hotel for 24-48 hours and then released for work. It’s not perfect as we know you can be COVID19 positive yet not show on tests for a week or two, but it’s happening.

Which state is this happening for helicopter crews?

WA were cutting people some slack and allowing travel between work and accomodation but I believe this has been tightened up now.

Not anymore. It’s hard lockdown for 14 days now in WA as Piggy said above.
"You can watch things happen, you can make things happen or you can wonder what happened"
Wannabe60Driver
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Wannabe60Driver » Thu Aug 20 2020, 22:53

Queensland was still accepting aircrew on the essential workers deal some time after the hard border lockdown. That may have changed though. Things are changing daily.
Heard of a northern NSW bloke the other day that can’t get an exemption to cross the border for chemotherapy.
FerrariFlyer
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby FerrariFlyer » Fri Aug 21 2020, 04:48

Wannabe60Driver wrote:Queensland was still accepting aircrew on the essential workers deal some time after the hard border lockdown. That may have changed though. Things are changing daily.
Heard of a northern NSW bloke the other day that can’t get an exemption to cross the border for chemotherapy.

That being the case, perhaps living isn't deemed 'essential' by that premier :|

I'm aware of touring EMS drivers who cannot gain access to QLD even though they are providing essential service to Queensland. Maybe, like Peter Russell Clarke says in the Kleva range of kitten products on TV, it has to be really, really really, really essential before entry shall be granted....

As Alan Joyce said a couple days ago, border closures are now questionable in terms of being related to politics as opposed to health outcomes. Unfortunate and unnecessary.

Return to “General Employment Questions”