Flexcrews

Good Company to work for? What do they fly? Ask here.
bigglesbutler
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Flexcrews

Postby bigglesbutler » Fri Aug 14 2020, 09:40

Has anyone any knowledge of this new company (flexcrews)? Seems like a company copying the Helispeed model from the UK, website has little to no detail and is a dot com address of the name.

Si
havick
4th Dan
4th Dan

Re: Flexcrews

Postby havick » Fri Aug 14 2020, 12:43

Please don’t enable them.
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."
FerrariFlyer
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby FerrariFlyer » Fri Aug 14 2020, 13:00

What Havick said.
Mongrel Dog
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Mongrel Dog » Fri Aug 14 2020, 23:02

As per above. No doubt more bottom feeding scum looking to push the gig economy model and devalue the skill set of the industry.
May they be treated with the contempt they deserve
FerrariFlyer
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby FerrariFlyer » Fri Aug 14 2020, 23:36

I'm open to be corrected however, this smells like a unique labour hire model for aircrew. During a time with many have sadly lost their full time employment they will certainly get people signing up in the hope for work. If its purely for short term assignments, it could be a good supplement to assist businesses at times of extra demand and for professional crew to earn extra money.

Read the article below to see how labour hire works for coal miners in the Hunter Valley. It is less than a great outcome for many people. In essence, the labour hire promote flexibility whilst taking a cut of someone's wage they otherwise would have earned in a full time position. All wrapped up with the instability of casual work, no leave or certainty.

https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/stor ... es-unions/
bigglesbutler
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby bigglesbutler » Sat Aug 15 2020, 08:41

My fear is what you have said above, desperate people will accept lower standards and thus that business model takes off, as Helispeed have done initially in the UK now worldwide.

Si
skypig
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby skypig » Sat Aug 15 2020, 09:29

Reap what you sow.

There was a time, not so long ago, when loyalty, experience and a willingness to “get the job done” were qualities that had high value.
“Modern” companies don’t seem to even understand the concept. They attack their pilots at every opportunity. Treat them like an unavoidable burden. Then wonder why people won’t bend over backwards to “help out”.

I once was offered an attractive position, but felt I couldn’t accept it due the start date, and the time it would take to train my replacement at the position I was in.
At another position I stayed 3 months after giving my notice while another pilot was employed and trained.

If I was working for one of these “labour hire” joints and was offered a better position, I’d walk away between flights. (Being a professional, I’d wind the machine to ground idle before departing! :D )
Just like they would let you go with no notice, if that made them $1 more.
godfather007
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby godfather007 » Sat Aug 15 2020, 10:24

Looks like another Pop Up Company leaching hard earned money from a soul and industry for their own commission. ( Your work is our reward..)
The trade industry has been infiltrated bye them for years.
Due to desperation and failed entities, they have set their sights on Aviation by the looks of it..
Choose wisely.
There is always an option.
Wannabe60Driver
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Wannabe60Driver » Sat Aug 15 2020, 12:07

I have an alert on SEEK for any ads featuring the word helicopter. Woke up this morning to an email regarding an ad from exactly this company but by the time I clicked on it, it had been removed.

Maybe someone read the comments on here and reconsidered their life choices...
Jabberwocky
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Jabberwocky » Sat Aug 15 2020, 22:05

Surely the only part of the industry this would work in would be Offshore? And with the current state of play the usual suspects would have enough options with their current employees to not warrant the need to outsource their labour hire.
Rotorpilot
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Rotorpilot » Sat Aug 22 2020, 13:20

Check out this job on SEEK: Aviation Crews and Professionals from Flex Crews - https://www.seek.com.au/job/50438131
Dem winds are gonna blow
Wannabe60Driver
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Wannabe60Driver » Sun Aug 23 2020, 00:00

Rotorpilot wrote:Check out this job on SEEK

Incorrect. No ‘job’ is advertised. If you’re happy handing over your CV and personal details to some anonymous monkey that registered a company 18 months ago and has just set up a BS website, go ahead. Personally I’d be a little more concerned about exactly who they are and what their real agenda is.
skypig
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby skypig » Sun Aug 23 2020, 03:13

Wannabe60Driver wrote:

Incorrect. No ‘job’ is advertised. If you’re happy handing over your CV and personal details to some anonymous monkey that registered a company 18 months ago and has just set up a BS website, go ahead. Personally I’d be a little more concerned about exactly who they are and what their real agenda is.

But they needed pilots for every segment! (OffShore, EMS, RPT, Jet Charters) Oc:=
The add has disappeared from SEEK.
Dodgy
Rotorpilot
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Rotorpilot » Sun Aug 23 2020, 04:43

yes Oc:=

was just posting for refrence.

Hopefully it will never eventuate in Australia.
Dem winds are gonna blow
FerrariFlyer
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby FerrariFlyer » Sun Aug 23 2020, 08:55

skypig wrote:
Wannabe60Driver wrote:

But they needed pilots for every segment! (OffShore, EMS, RPT, Jet Charters) Oc:=
The add has disappeared from SEEK.
Dodgy

Yes sir. It stinks from a country mile away....

Dodgy.

Return to “General Employment Questions”