Australian Helicopter Industry Association
AUSTHIA
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

FROM THE CEO

Postby AUSTHIA » Tue Jan 21 2020, 02:56

Dear Member

I suspect many of you have had little or no break over the past few weeks
Again, the AHIA acknowledges with pride the ongoing outstanding work by all involved in the efforts to bring the fires under control and in supporting the many devastated communities.

I have noticed an increasing respect for the helicopter industry. Even in Canberra, government aviation entities are being more helpful.
It is likely that this change in behaviour has been ordered from the top. It would be a very good thing for our industry if this small step forward could be made permanent.

Next week I will attend Heli-Expo in LA. The primary task is to encourage as many companies and individuals as possible to attend Rotortech 2020 in June this year. The AHIA wants members and participants to have access to the highest quality speakers and exhibitors. With 1500 to 2000 attendees likely to come to Rotortech2020 it is sure to be a great convention, even historic in terms of the Australian helicopter industry.
My trip is being made possible through the generosity of our partners at Avalon. They are thanked sincerely.

We are updating the AHIA website and you will notice some changes in the coming weeks.

With the help of the Avalon Comms team we hope to finally be able to produce a quarterly members e-newsletter. The more informal CEO monthly updates will continue.

Our current IT system is being updated over the next month which should mean faster and more detailed information sharing with members and the wider aviation industry.

I want to thank the members and potential members who contact me personally. Your ideas and feedback are essential to the ongoing growth and strengthening of the AHIA.

Finally, if you know of any company or individual who would benefit from AHIA membership refer them to me, or to our website.

Your association has access to the most senior people in government and industry. Let’s make use of it The time has never been more favourable.

Regards

Paul Tyrrell
CEO
AHIA

0438 114 372
rickshaw
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Re: FROM THE CEO

Postby rickshaw » Thu Jan 23 2020, 11:29

AHIA Update - Good News

Paul, know you guys are very busy. But an upgrade of the website (which looks good) will be time well spent.

In the meantime, President Ray, has a column in VTOL e-news Asia-Pacific which is informative and looks to the future.

Interested folks can ask for a complimentary subscription, via CEO just need your email address.

Rickshaw
AUSTHIA
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby AUSTHIA » Mon Mar 22 2021, 05:09

Dear Member,

The AHIA supports strongly a level playing field for operators attempting to engage with government with respect to aerial fire-fighting and emergency response.
All governments, federal and state, should be model procurers. This is the stated policy of governments of all persuasions.
It is your Association’s view that this standard is frequently not met.

The AHIA will soon be meeting with senior federal government advisers to discuss current aerial fire-fighting procurement practices, and the implementation of the most strategic ideas from the recent Royal Commission into Natural Disasters.

The meetings will also discuss the important role of NAFC. Supporting this role is vital to the efficient allocation of both local and national helicopter aerial fire-fighting resources.

Following these meetings, in partnership with the AAAA, a meeting is being organized between the federal Minister for Emergency Services and the Presidents/CEOs of the AHIA and the AAAA.
It is vital that the federal government understands the essential role undertaken by the Australian aerial fire-fighting industry. It is timely that this point is discussed and emphasized with the federal minister responsible.

Any relevant outcomes from these meetings will be passed on to members.

Your ideas or comments prior to the meeting can be sent to our CEO, Paul Tyrrell, at ceo@austhia.com

Regards

Ray Cronin
President
AHIA
rickshaw
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby rickshaw » Mon Mar 22 2021, 23:16

AHIA

Paull, a good heads up with this one. Hope you get some input ASAP. Date of meeting? Also, any preamble on agenda or potential terms of reference?

Rotorcraft Asia-Pacific e-News will be following this subject closely in coming editions. But it is hard to sort out practical business factors from individual, state and federal organizational needs and demands. Many, understandably have strong views which differ vastly in some areas.

The editor would also appreciate some feedback, some of which would be kept confidential; but other items may be of interest to the wider firefighting aviation community and our 5,100 complimentary subscribers.

BTW new contact details: Rotorcraft Asia-Pacific e-News has changed email: rotorcraftnews@outlook.com. Phone: +61 415 641 774. PO Box 462 Carina, Qld, 4152. Time: UTC +10 (Brisbane). Subscriptions are free. just email editor.

Lets us know your thoughts while the disastrous floods have grounded the helicopter firefighting fleet. (Don't be too glum - there will be an enormous post-flood disaster demand for aerial services - just wait and see!)

rickshaw

Return to “AHIA”