New Ops Manual

General stuff that gets thrown about when Helicopter Pilots shoot the Breeze.
Worzel_Gummidge
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

New Ops Manual

Postby Worzel_Gummidge » Tue Apr 26 2022, 13:12

Anyone got any good referrals/suggestions for a Company that produces operations manuals for all the new Regs? My boss has been trying to amend ours and has realised that it’s going to be much easier to just start again. And yes, I know there’s only a few weeks to go before it’s all supposed to be into CASA, but we all know that’s not going to happen for a lot of operators out there.
Chopper Guy
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: New Ops Manual

Postby Chopper Guy » Tue Apr 26 2022, 22:29

Hey Mate

These guys advertise in the Aviation Trader - https://planepaper.com.au/

* NB. I have had no prior dealings with this company. So it's a suggestion only, not a referral ;-)

CG
cupid stunt
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby cupid stunt » Wed Apr 27 2022, 00:50

Worzel

Have you gone on to the casa site and tried their ops manual template tool? It’s well worth a look and not too difficult to follow the bouncing ball through I’m told.

CS
Worzel_Gummidge
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Worzel_Gummidge » Mon May 2 2022, 23:50

Thanks for the suggestions. I have looked at CASA's MAAT (Manual Authoring and Assessment Tool) but the manuals we need, Aerial Work and Air Transport are 'Coming soon'! So it seems even CASA isn't ready for their own deadline.:roll: There's a bloke over here in the west that offers Ops Manuals but he says he needs about 2 months and $10k to produce one, that sounds pricey and the timeline doesn't work now. I guess he's pretty busy with June 2nd fast approaching!

Will keep looking I suppose.
Capt Hollywood
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Capt Hollywood » Sat May 7 2022, 06:08

Sat in on the CASA webinar last week about Ops Manuals. The MAAT system sounds like a great idea, if only they had sections for Part 138 and Part 133.

Return to “On the Job”